Chapter 01 - Golden, Black, and Violet

📍 Western facility of Kamioka Observatory, Institute for Cosmic Ray Research, Hida, Gifu Prefecture, Japan.

🗓️ Spring 2034 AD

It has been three hour pass over midnight. Kei Minoru, an old Japanese admirable scientist that has contributed in many large-scale projects, stares blankly over a wide display of Kamioka Observatory's supercomputer. He's been doing this since a report from other facility's staffs which suspecting a glimpse appearance of an unprecendented exotic particle.

The lone silence of his dreadful longing disrupted, along with whirring of mechanical entry behind him. A man in black leather coat enters the hall, advising Minoru to take a coffee break. Passively, Minoru asks him where he's been. The man, Antoine Voges, a French physicist, doesn't reply and just craks a little smile. He places his belongings on top of a spacious white desk and starts to activate his laptop.

Almost an hour passes without any conversation between them. As Voges printing several papers, a faint mumble comes out from Minoru's lips. Voges asking him to speak louder. Gradually, his mumble turns into clear speech. Voges knits his brows, he is trying to figure out what is his longtime colleague and mentor is saying. He hears few words from Minoru, something about human fear of the unknown. Voges begins to notice that he is quoting a line from H. P. Lovecraft as suddenly a distressed face of a facility's staff appears on the upper right screen of the hall's Early Warning System. Dismayed, Voges turns his back quietly from Minoru to the screen just upright behind him. The young staff is shouting in Japanese while Minoru answering him boldly through the screen. A bizarre hissing sound comes out from the bright room where the young staff is. As the sound going louder, the screen starts to darken until it's becoming pitch black, as if it never switched on. Unnerved Voges asking Minoru what is happening. Minoru accosting him and exclaims in English to pack his things and go to the helipad. Too shock to insist, Voges complying his order while Minoru leaves the hall. He has never seen him in such distinct state.

Voges is walking briskly through the facility's corridor accompanied by his apprentice, Anna Luciana, a Harvard University material science student. Being passed by several running scientists and staffs, Voges tries to call Minoru with his cellphone but no avail. He says to Anna that Minoru's behavior has been strange lately, he just doesn't realize this until his last night with him. Voges is saying that he is glad to be able to contact her timely in a situation like this. As they arrived at the helipad at sunrise, Anna is saying that she will never give up on him. The pilot asking both of them to get mount on the helicopter faster. As they mount, Suddenly, they saw an enormous arch of fire coming through the east side of facilty, destroying it while causing the sky above it turning blackish and purple. In their astonishment, Voges fastens Anna seatbelt and hands her his suitcase. He orders the pilot to take off and says to Anna that through the years, she always reminds him of his daughter. Anna replies that he never mentions her before. Voges jumps off the just now flying helicopter and rushing toward the growing uncanny dark purple scenery. Anna screams at him and asking the pilot to go back. The helicopter inexplicably starts to shake violently as the pilot tries to stabilise it and says that Mr. Voges is on his own.

As soon as the helicopter goes stable and flies away from the scene, Anna has lost her sight of Voges due to massive dust from the collapsing facility. Then in her device she catches a visual computation about disturbance of space and time from where the fire arch appeared. The pilot tells her that the fire arch has just gone, she grabs a binoculars and turns her head to observe. Anna says that he's right. Just a few seconds later, a massive explosion is seen devouring the whole facility's eastern side. A deafening rumble comes afterward as the explosion's shockwave causing the dark purple sky reverts back into golden sunrise sky. In disbelief she whispers to herself what they have done.

###