Chapter 1

He never understands the true meaning of humanity. He was chained in this deep suffocating room; and even if he would try to run, the possibility of escaping is lower than zero. The tangled fate he entered made him lose his tiny hope of becoming normal— a human. Amidst frustration and insanity, he did what he could to make him feel satisfied…even if it means killing his own blood.

Even if you wondered why all of this happened to him, you will not be able to find the right answer. It is just…he did not believe in the things that most people try to understand and have faith with.

"You killed him, didn't you?" The man in a suit asked him. The detective has distinguishable features enough to say that he was there to interrogate him and will never stop until he finds his answer.

The man looked around only to see that he was in a room large enough for three people. He also noticed a table, and four chairs including his. The chairs across the man are office-style chairs. He tried to move, but his chair was bolted to the floor and his hands were cuffed in a cuff bar.

He looked straight at the detective and smirked. "I would not be here if I didn't, right?" He said sarcastically.

The detective reacted but not enough to give the man his satisfaction for his fascination with human behaviors. It annoyed the man as expected. He would always act irritated whenever he could not see his expected reactions on the face of his subject. He wanted things to go well in his way especially when he is trying to manipulate a person. The detective knew this, which was the reason why he did not show his emotions.

"So this is how you wanted to play?" He replied. The man shrugged and relaxed his eyes. He noticed the obvious CCTV cameras in the room. "I am surrounded," he thought.

Well no matter how much the man struggles, he wouldn't make it out fine. The man is considered to be one of the most notorious criminals in the country. It is an inevitable occurrence that he will be cuffed, monitored, and interrogated.

When the detective saw his uninterested expression, he snickered. He thought that this is one of the reasons why the man escaped their claws multiple times— he is passive yet intelligent.

The detective opened a brown envelope just a few inches away to his right hand, still calmly reading the man's facial language.

"These are the photos of the victims you murdered for two years," the detective started. He placed the photos in front of the man to stir him. There are approximately 50 photos on the table. What was inside the envelope did not even make progress for the interview since instead of seeing disappointment on the man's face, he saw fulfillment. 

After staring at the photos for nearly 40 seconds, the man in cuffs closed his eyes and slightly tilted his head. His line of vision was on the ceiling. The detective could not understand the man's actions. He hoped that the man would show remorse on what he did and just cooperate with them, but nothing happened. Dealing with this kind of person needs patience; you should not play your expectations as if this is fiction.

The room went silent for a minute then the man chuckled. The tension in his chuckles were obvious and the room started to feel uneasy. The detective sensed danger but he remained calm and unbothered.

He stopped chuckling and stared at the detective. He grinned like an idiot for a moment then frowned when he noticed that the detective wasn't responding at all.

He finally found someone who is not afraid of his actions.

"Detective, do you really think I will regret what I did? If I'm not handcuffed right now, I will pick that pen and stab you. Trust me when I say I will do it," the man said while staring. His bloodshot eyes drill into the detective, and his rage is evident in his gritting teeth.

"Do you think you can scare me?" The detective sneered. He stood up and fixed his tie. He picked up the pen the man was pertaining to earlier and played with it. He chuckled while caressing it.