Final Breathe

🌟Remember to like and vote ✨

• 3 months earlier •

Slowly rolling out of bed, which these days had been harder than usual, I opened up my bedroom door. Someone's loud knocking woke me out my sleep, which I wasn't getting much of lately. Whoever decided to bother me this early in the morning better have a good fucking reason.
As I made my way to the door I could already feel the stiffness settling into my neck from all the long nights I spent bent over my desk sorting through pack files.
I could easily have my beta sort through half the files but it have me something to keep my mind occupied just enough to not think about that night. The night that had been haunting me for the last five years.

Opening the door I laid eyes on my Beta, Neema which would be the only reason I wouldn't kill her for waking me up. 

We had been friends since I was a pup, and she was probably one of the only wolves I trusted in my pack. I was starting to think she was using my sod spot for her to get away with shit that she knew pissed me off.

As I made eye contact with her, I could feel the a deep pain slipping through out bond. She might've been good with masking her emotions but our bond would always give her away.
"Neema what's wrong and don't tell me nothing because I feel it through our bond. What is bothering you?"
And just like that she cracked. Her body froze up of only for a split second. He shoulders more rigid than usual and she was doing that thing with her fingers, drawing circles in her palms when she was nervous or on edge.

As I met her eyes again, a sharp pain finally made its way through the bond. One that I knew all too well. I already knew what her unspoken words would hold. What her body language was already telling me.

My once slow beating heart came to a complete stop.

I knew what those eyes meant. I knew tha sickly familiar pain that was now evident in our bond. I knew it all too well. There was only one thing That had that unmistakable effect on anyone no matter what species or title. That sick feeling that infested you from the inside slowly eating away at your core.

Death.

I took several slow steps back, which became frantic as I tried to escape the inevitable truth I knew was waiting for me.

"Amara I-"  she started, but I quickly cut her off.

"NO" I shouted almost in a plea, "She's okay". I whispered. "I know she's okay", I said but more of to myself. "She- she- has to be".

My wolf was now pacing in my head, full of concern and anxiousness. She was on edge. Usually she could tell if someone in our pack had died because of the inevitable pain from the broken pack bond, but this time was different.

When pack bonds were severed it was a pain worse the closer you were to the person, especially if it was a family bond. But this particular instance was different. You had to have a wolf to have a bond, but If your wolf died are became mute your bonds with your pack, family, or mate would wither into nothing.

Usually my wolf never shared her emotions or thoughts with me.The most I had gotten from her since my first shift was huffs and snarls of disapproval of everything I did. So If she wasn't blocking our bond it must've been really bad.

I could hear my voice cracking, and the hard facade I had been trying to keep up all these years was cracking with it. "Amara..." Neema started, almost as if she was testing the waters, whether or not to keep going.

"She doesn't have much time left, you need to see her now before it's too late".

The hard truth was hitting me all at once. A truth deep down I knew would eventually come to surface.