132| Bee True

Cory, Zoey and Shawn sat at the table in the middle of the hallway for their bake sale to help the underprivileged children.

Then Eric came up to them and explained the situation. He asked the three of them to help get Mr. Feeny and the Dean together, but the Dean's ex husband, Curt Kincaid arrived at the college to win her back.

"And the man stepped in between them, and the course of true love for one of our own may have forever been altered by this.... Schivosa." Eric finished explaining.

"Why do you come to us now... on this, the day of our bake sale?" Cory questioned with a Russian accent.

"Well, cause this just happened, like, five minutes ago." Eric replied simply.

Cory nodded his head. "Okay. What do you need?"

"I need for you to do me this favor." Eric responded, turning his accent into Russian.

Shawn then slurped on his tea.

"You need me to do you this favor?" Cory questioned. Eric nodded in response. "You never invited me into your home. You never invited me for a cup of coffee."

"Yes, I know, and for this I am sorry." Eric apologized ashamedly. "But... we must help Feeny, but he mustn't know that it is us. This is the biggest job we've ever attempted to pull off. I come to you with my hat in my hand-"

"It's my hat." Cory corrected.

"It's my hand. Are you in, or are you out?" Eric asked.

"Eric, we're flattered you come to us. But Look around. We're legitimate now." Shawn responded, gesturing to their bake sale.

"We're in the bake sale business." Zoey informed with a Russian accent.

Eric sighed. "Guys, it's Feeny. He's family. This may be his one chance at true love."

Shawn stood up from his seat and strolled over to Eric. "Eric, I just spent sixty-eight bucks traveling around this country. I learned a few things about life."

"Why don't you tell him what you learned, Shawn?" Zoey insisted as her and Cory joined them.

Cory leaned towards his brother. "I love this part."

"I learned to be at peace with myself. I like looking over my shoulder and not worrying about who's coming after me. These schemes and capers I used to hatch, they only lead to despair. That's what I learned. I also learned never to park a trailer across a railroad track when that thing is down." Shawn explained, shuddering at the memory.

"Besides, Eric, I hit a teacher, remember?" Cory pointed out.

"Yes." Eric muttered.

"The Dean put me on probation. I do one thing wrong, I'm outta here." Cory said.

Zoey crossed her arms over her chest. "Don't you think that Feeny can take care of himself?"

"I'm ashamed." Eric admitted. "I am ashamed to call you guys my brother, Shawn and Zoey."

Eric grabbed a cupcake and ate the entire thing in one bite before he walked away. Shawn, Zoey and Cory stood in silence as they scratched the bottom of their chins.

"He ate the paper." Shawn pointed out.

••••

Later that day, Shawn, Zoey and Cory sat in the science seminar listening to Curt Kincaid talk about one of his big adventures. Zoey narrowed her eyes at him, knowing this was the guy that Eric told them about.

"So, I jump off the cliff, grab hold of a big old branch, jungle gym to the river, and never saw Chief Yakazo's ugly mug again. And the cursed ruby of the Tzang-Kwai now resides in the Turkish Museum of National History diagonally across from the Hard Rock Café. The end!"