Chapter 21 | hook me up

"I think the best course of action from here would be to look into the FBI agents that died, clearly one of the people they were investigating was involved... so that's... the director of the NPA and the Yagami household..." L muttered.

"Just as we thought... good think we did those background checks. The more we find out about them the more I don't trust the Yagami kid" you replied.

Sitting around the table waiting for the taskforce to arrive, you were discussing the next course of action. Now you'd contacted with the taskforce and they were in on the investigation you could move forward as planned.

"Which one?" L asked.

"Light" you replied.

"Ah, him. Yes you're right, I don't trust him either. He just... icks me"

You'd hyper focused on him in your research, getting bad vibes from him and wanting to be through. It didn't matter how many good grades he has or what university he was going to, smarts didn't necessarily make you a good person.

"The FBI agent following him was Raye Penber, died along with all the others same method. Although it might be worth looking for CCTV footage of his death to see Light was within proximity of him at the time" you suggested.

"Good idea, he died at the train station didn't he? There's be CCTV there" L replied.

"I'll look into it, I'll send the details to Watari and he can pick it up for us while we're with the taskforce"

Out of curiosity, you decided to do a little background check on this Raye guy, just in case there was anything that may tie back into Kira. You looked him up in the FBI's database and read through his information, seeing he was a relatively normal agent. Although you did catch notice of something, his fiancé.

It said she too was an FBI agent, but retired from the job a while ago. According to her profile she was one hell of an agent too, even having a nickname among the force.

"Damn, his fiancé is a bad bitch..." you muttered.

"He's engaged? To who?" L asked.

"This agent nicknamed Misora Massacre because she's so good at her job. Naomi is her name"

L immediately perked up, grabbing the screen and turning it to him to read it.

"It's her... she worked under me in the LABB murder case that's right!" L muttered.

"Fuck man, everyone is connected to everyone here. You know her?"

"Yes. We've only met in person once, she worked under me for years but quit to get married. Had no idea it was to Raye..."

You always knew L had connections to a ton of law enforcement, but he seemed to know every FBI agent there was at this point. You were a bit surprised to find out how weirdly connected everyone was to L.

"Knowing her she'll be looking into who killed her fiancé... we can't let her get too close or she'll end up dead too" L said, grabbing his phone and scrolling through the contacts looking for her work number and hoping she'd still answer it.

"So you met her once huh?" You asked, a bit curious.

"Yes, she kicked me down the stairs"

You snickered at his bluntly he said that.

"How did you manage-"

"Accidentally startled her" L replied.

Oh L... your social ineptitude never fails to amaze. But clearly things worked out if she worked under L for that long.

"And don't worry, we were never more than professional partners" L added.

"Oh no, I'm not the jealous significant other type or anything. I'm just curious, she seemed to be a force to be reckoned with that's all" you replied.

"She definitely is"

He tried to call the number, but it wouldn't go through as the number wasn't in use since she quit the FBI. L sighed, turning to his computer having to resort to emailing her and hoping she read them. It'd been a while since they'd been in contact, L wasn't sure if she used any of the same details since quitting the FBI. He looked so focused, zoned in on the current task and intensely staring at the screen as he scrolled.

It was oddly attractive, the way he was so hyper focused. Maybe it was your clear attraction to intelligence at play but something about how focused and efficient he was was very enthralling. He could feel your gaze on him, and not looking away from the screen as he typed he spoke up.

"You're staring at me" he said.

"Just admiring. You're hot when you're focused" you replied.

He glanced at at you, cheeks slightly pink.

"If you say things like that I'll loose focus"

"Maybe I want you to, so you can focus on me instead"

The two of you knew you should be working and getting ready for the taskforce to arrive, but you seemed to have a problem of once you started flirting you couldn't stop.

"What, you want me to analyse you?" He asked.

"I wouldn't mind that, your eyes can be very intense sometimes. It's hot as hell" You smirked.

"I should be saying that to you, don't think I don't notice when you gaze over at me and stare through my soul"

You shifted closer to him, your legs touching his.

"It's because I like watching the shiver run down your spine when I scan you down" you teased.

He turned away from the computer, his attention now stolen to you. Glancing down at your lips and back up to your eyes you knew he was serious about you. He can't make eye contact with many people, but he'd managed to get to that point with you. His gaze was always such an intense one, and his eyes gorgeous and sleepy.

"You just like seeing me desperate for you don't you?" He asked.

"Very much so" you replied.

Stealing his lips, you made sure all his focus was on you. He gladly accepted the kiss, having been thinking about it ever since you started the flirtatious banter. Fuck, he loved kissing you. It never failed to get him riled up. Quickly the gentle kiss turned to a rougher one, and the keyboard to the computer sat abandoned halfway through working. L's hands too busy pulling on your hips to bring them closer to his. You slid your hands up his body, resting them on his chest as you kissed deeper than the Mariana Trench.

He tasted like tea today, he'd had a few cups this morning. The sugar on his lips never failed to intoxicate you. The kiss broke, but the distance didn't. Bodies still pressed together you looked into each others eyes with a need for friction.

"If you kiss me like that, I won't be able to hold back" you teased.

"Then I guess I'll keep kissing you like that" he replied.

Just as your lips were about to touch again, you both heard the door handle jiggle and keycard beep. Cockblocked again you scrambled off each other and gave each other an annoyed glance.

"You want a blowjob when they leave?" You whispered.

His cheeks went red, you could hear the chatter of the taskforce as they came into the suite and took their shoes off.

"...yes. Want me to return that favour after?" L admitted.

"Absolutely" you replied.

Matsuda was the first one to enter and sit across from you both, failing to notice L's pink cheeks or the sexual tension.

"Hey guys! What have you been doing?" He asked.

"...just some background checks" you replied.