Prologue

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS FROM AVATAR 2, "THE WAY OF WATER"

If you haven't seen the movie and decided to go ahead, please do not complain about spoilers. This fic is targeted at those who are up to date with the Avatar sequel.

Last chance to run.

Kay.

Warned ya.

Love u all. 

PS: Unrevised, probably will edit later.

 · · ─────── · · ─────── · ·

Ao'Nung, son of the sea, born to the Metkayina Clan.
Neteyam, son of the forest, born to the Omaticaya Clan.

In the deepness of one or the other, land exists in water and water exists in land. To say one has lost the other means one must find the other, once again, for balance must persist.

How had the sea lost the land?

To mourn, to love.
Perhaps, to find that which has been lost.

 · · ─────── · · ─────── · ·

It was a somber night in Pandora, suffocation could be felt in the air surrounding the Metkayina village as the Sully's and Tsireya came back from battle. Their spirits were dejected, their stares lost and hazy, their eyes mourned what their mouths wouldn't speak nor their souls would accept.

The word roamed wildly, 'the Sully's have arrived' was the one thing being whispered throughout the village.

Such words managed to meet Ao'nung and Rotxo's ears, and in the mere mention of that family name they both ran, and none would stop. 

They ran through the pods, through the sand, and through the bridges. 

They rushed, passing by dejected Metkayina people.

A strange eery sensation crawled through Ao'nung's body, for he hasn't yet found any of them. 

Not Lo'ak, Kiri or Tuk.

Not Tsi, his sister.

Nor Neteyam...

Making his way through the crowd, his eyes could finally spot the entrance of the Sully's pod.

Though, one thing wasn't quite right.

Why was his mother walking to their pod...?

Why was no one moving— why was everyone still as stone, eyes fixated inside the Sully's home?

Making his way through the crowd, Ao'nung walked closer. Though with each step given, the air circulating his lungs was becoming shorter and shorter, as if breathing was not an option.

There was an overwhelming pressure on his chest, the first thing his eyes met were those big and beautiful eyes of his sister, Tsi.

One of the most lovely eyes, broken down to shreds.