Vampire

A/N: Hey guys!!! I wanted to explore new ideas without them becoming stagnant so I made this compilation of stories based on my favorite songs! I'll still be working on "good time lovin" but also want to have a place to write shorter stories and express other ideas! Hope y'all enjoy.

You walked down the steps of penthouse you were in. You had never seen a party like this one. Celebrities and glamour and champagne as far as the eye could see. A giant chocolate fountain sat on a table, close to a wall. People talked and sipped their drinks and stood way too comfortably. Proud and confident.

You didn't really fit in here. You had just been signed by a record label, and the parties were a part of making connections. You knew this when you received the invite, but still. It was hard. You knew your shoulders hunched a little more than theirs, your eyes shifted too much, not being able to hold eye contact quite as long. They could tell too. Preyed on it. You wouldn't be able to tell though, your eyes always on the ground when theirs glanced over at you, pretending to dance. Your presence stood out.

Someone bumped into your shoulder. An accident, surely. Not your fault in the slightest, but you apologized anyways.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to" your voice sounded desperate. It worried him. Caught him a bit off guard. He didn't know quite what to do. He stared back for a moment. To you, he looked like he wanted to kill you.

"You're good" he finally responded in a monotone voice, being dragged upstairs by the people around him.

"Come on Dom, there's someone I want you to meet" a woman said, grabbing him by the arm and pulling him away.

You hurried away as well, worried about how the simple tap on the shoulder may affect you and the image you now had to curate as an up and coming artist.

"Heyyyy! You're that new girl that just got signed by Robert aren't you?" An older man suddenly appeared in your line of sight. His hair meticulously dyed, but the fine lines running along his face gave away signs of aging. Almost hard to see through all the filler. But you pride yourself on your attention to detail.

The man chuckled, and the red lights in the room made it look almost sinister. His teeth were too straight, eyes too happy to see you. You couldn't even think straight. Your mind kept bouncing back to his dark eyes, and those straight, straight teeth.

"Heyyyy Mr. Nixon, you mind if I steal her for a moment?" an unfamiliar voice spoke behind you, and you jerked your head to the side to see the man from the stairway. His hand hovered above the skin of your lower back, not wanting to touch you without permission, but feeling the need to protect you anyways. He knew what it was like, being in that position. You kept your eyes on him, your issue with eye contact seemingly disappearing in that moment. You watched as his brown orbs looked at the man. Noticed the crinkled skin near his eyes as he smiled. Fake smiled. There was that attention to detail. You watched him anxiously lick his lips as Mr. Nixon explained how he was glad to see him. How they should work together again soon, and how he was happy to see the new talent all getting along.

With one last false smile, the man whisked you away.

"Dom, Dominic Fike" he reached out his hand, finally facing you, near the table with the chocolate fountain. In a corner, away from everyone else. He introduced himself. You did the same.

"Don't trust Mr. Nixon. I've heard some not so good things about him and his treatment of his female clients." He put his hands in his pockets, looking around at the other people in the room. You took a closer look at him. His tie was slightly loose, and his hair a bit messier than the other people who were attending the party. His frosted tips made him look like a young 2000's heartthrob who had been forced into a suit and thrown into the future of modern pop stars and billionaires.