{s2, p18}

𝙹𝚊'𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚗 𝙺𝚢𝚛𝚒𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚜Tallahassee, FloridaNovemeberThanksgiving {22}

Tallahassee, Florida
Novemeber
Thanksgiving
{22}

"You sure you have everything"? Kaydence asked looking up at me, I huffed from frustration thinking about the long day that was ahead of me.

"yeah, I think". I told her sighing, "how bout you gone crank up and I'll check everything". She told me kissing my cheek.

The last week has been extremely rough for me, and the fact that thanksgiving was here was making it  worse. Everybody knew my family was known for getting the whole family together and it is a lot of us.

Everybody knew the issue with me and Khalil, most of my family didn't see the big issue and others understood. I was just hoping that today can be a chill day and that I can keep my cool.

"hello"? I spoke into the phone answering my moms FaceTime call, "lord y'all ain't even left yet". She spoke.

"ma it's 11:30, and it's a four hour drive. y'all not gone be done with everything anyways". I told her watching Kaydence come out the house.

"you right, but how you feeling"? She asked me, honestly, my mama has always been in a weird place when it came to me and my brother.. she always did her job. She took care of us, taught us right from wrong and so much more but I guess people do wrong on their own.

The holidays haven't been fun for her since Khalil started acting that way, and everybody judging her and telling her what she should do. "yeah Ima be coo, you straight"? I asked her pulling out the driveway.

"Im fine, a bit skeptical about how today is gonna go. I got an iffy feeling. Josiah been helping me calm down and been talking to me. but he might be late today so I just don't know Kyrie". She truthfully responded.

"anyways, we shouldn't get worked up about it cause then we're just asking for stuff to happen. So, call me when you make it in. You and Kaydence are more than welcome to spend the night here. It'll just be me, your dad, Kayley and Tre'Von". She explained.

"yeah that's coo mama, so I'll stop by your place first so we can put our stuff in". I told her, "alright baby". She responded.

"honestly Kyrie, you've been doing good for yourself. I mean you got your own place, you got a great job, a great girlfriend, a great set of friends plus you're on the road to wealth.. don't let all that fly out the window when you step in that house". Kaydence spoke.

"you're somebody, and don't let nobody take that away from you. Especially not they lame asses, you worked hard to get to this point day and night". She explained as I listened.

Kaydence was honestly right, I've been so worked up about the holidays that's it's taking the best of me away and it shouldn't.

"I know baby, and you right". I responded, "just calm down and breathe baby. cause if don't nobody have your back you know me and your mama do". She replied.