1 - The Letters

(DISCLAIMER: (1) I do not own Stranger Things or Harry Potter, the characters in this book are not mine all rights to J.K Rowling and The Duffer Brothers. (2) all information about book is in description - houses, facts, etc.)

.................................................................

September 1st, 1985

Lenora, California

10:34 AM

.....

Joyce and Harvey Byers lived in Lenora Hills, California with four children - Jonathan, Will, Jane (El), and Y/n Byers. 

El wasn't actually biologically related to the Byers family - she was actually a girl who had a small tattoo on her inner wrist with the numbers 011 in black ink on top of her veins. She had escaped from a lab at age 12, and met Mike Wheeler, Dustin Henderson, and Lucas Sinclair while they were actually looking for the small Will Byers after he went missing for a week, and El helped look as well. When they found Will in the Upside Down, Joyce and El became close.

About two years later, the Byers were moving to California away from Hawkins, Indiana. They decided to bring El with them, and they lived peacefully in their suburban neighborhood. 

On this day, (September 1st) Y/n Byers was in her room writing a letter to her best friend, Erica, (Lucas Sinclair's little sister) who was still in Hawkins when her older brother barged inside. It was one of her two older brothers, definitely not Will. . . .it was Jonathan.

"Jeez, do you knock?" Y/n shouted at him.

"Shut up, slug," Jonathan spat at her. 

She was highly offended. "DON'T CALL ME THAT YOU LONG HAIRED FREAK!"

Y/n hated Jonathan ever since he started hanging out with his pizza friend, Argyle, who smoked weed and influenced Jonathan to do the same. When Y/n's other brother went missing when she was nine, Jonathan always comforted, supported, and actually loved her like a true brother and sister, honestly Will and Jonathan were kind like this, but the seven year age gap between Y/n and Jonathan set off a hate chain. The weed made Jonathan different, stupider, ruder, more selfish, and stressed. Y/n hated that.

Apparently, Will heard what Jonathan said and walked through the door.

"What the heck? Why did you just call Y/n a slug?" Will shouted at Jonathan.

"Cause she is, honestly, look at her, all she does all day is write to Max and Erica, that's it," Jonathan laughed.

"Get out," Will demanded his brother.

"You can't make me," Jonathan sniggered.

"I will get El."

"COMING MOM!" Jonathan called, walking out of the room. Obviously he was afraid of El, after all, she had powers.

"Why is he such an asshole these days?" Y/n asked Will.

"It's honestly not his fault, it's Argyle's. I swear he would've been like the old Jonathan if it weren't for that weirdo."

Y/n sighed and adjusted her h/c hair. "I wish there was some way we could fix it."

"Maybe we can," grinned Will. Y/n knew he had come up with some sort of plan.

"How?" wondered Y/n.

"Come on," Will said, dragging Y/n out of bed.

On their way out of the bedroom, Y/n and Will bumped into El, whose hair was very short again from after the lab people shaved it back in late March, just after Will's birthday, for El to be in the lab again to regain her powers which she had lost ever since she moved to California with the Byers. But the lab brought them back, and they were even stronger than before. WAY stronger.