𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏. 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾'𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗍𝖾𝗇𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇

❛ ACT I ❜-ˋˏ chapter fourteen ˎˊ-

❛ ACT I ❜
-ˋˏ chapter fourteen ˎˊ-

SHE SHOT UP WITH a startled gasp, eyes filled with fear

SHE SHOT UP WITH a startled gasp, eyes filled with fear. The girl took in quick and sharp breaths as her back leaned against the headboard in the pitch-black bedroom. Her eyes were glossed over with the memory of the nightmare that disturbed her slumber. It was the night of the crash except Sofia was not in the car, she was on Wickery Bridge watching her family drown and plead for help. She couldn't move and just stood there in horror.

Squeezing her eyes shut, the vampire inhaled and exhaled to try and calm herself down. Why was she still having nightmares? They should have stopped. It's been a while since the night she woke up in Jenna's arms muttering how it's all her fault.

Shaking her head, Sofia remembered that she was in the Salvatore house and that she had to call Jenna. She swung her legs over the bed and stood up, grabbing her phone from her bedside table and walking to the bathroom. She winced at the bright screen, but her eyes adjusted to see that it was eight in the morning. She also had five missed calls from Leo at four in the morning which was weird. She'll call him after calling Jenna.

Stopping just outside her bathroom, Sofia dialed her aunt's number and waited for her to pick up, biting her lip anxiously. Jenna has not spoken to her since she left. Except for last night but even that was short. It's been almost three days now and Sofia hoped Jenna cooled down and would consider coming home.

She picked up. "Hey Annie"

The girl let out a quiet sigh of relief from hearing the nickname, a sign that Jenna wasn't mad anymore or at least less mad. "Hey aunt J, how are you?" She asked slowly.

Jenna smiled, having missed her favorite niece's voice. "I'm okay, I actually have some good news. I'm coming home!" She revealed.

Sofia's face lit up. "Really?"

"Yes."

Sofia squealed happily and Jenna laughed from the other side. "That's great! I've missed you so much, we all have."