The New Girl in Paris

"Don't be bemused it's just the news.It's another beautiful day in Paris thanks to our protectors." Said Nadia.

"Lady Bug and Chat Noir have once again saved Paris from an akumatised villain Volpina. Paris is safe once more."

A girl switched off her phone and turned to face her father.

"Why do I have to move to Paris, father?" She asked.

"I got a stable here my dear, you do know that right. I have to take over as Mayor since Andrè has been deemed as incompetent by the Parisians." He said

My father had long since gained recidency in Paris and even became a councillor. By some luck and effort of his, he got a promotion, as he puts it.

"But father Paris is not safe. The people here become villains, somehow almost everyday. Shanghai would have been better that this!" She said.

"Your sister has her hands tied so you can't live in Shanghai anymore, please understand this." He said patting her head.

"I would have preferred Tokyo."She mumbled while sloutching back onto her seat.

The ride through the city was amazing, though she would never admit it out loud to her father. The monuments were captivating as well as the scenery.

One of her dreams was to visit Paris' main attraction, The Effiel Tower. Though that dream was to share the view with someone special to her. Unfortunately that special someone had been taken away from her.

She remained silent for the rest of the way. Her silence was not unnoticed though. Naturally her father knew why she was sulking.

"Dear, I know you would rather go to Tokyo but remember your mother says its best if you got away for a while."He said. "We both love you, but Tokyo has too much memories of pain and hurt. You need to heal."

She kept silent, tears forming in her eyes. Clearly she is not ready to talk about her past pains. It's way too much to bare and the wound is still fresh.

Seeing her teary eyes, her father stopped in front of a bakery. 'Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie'. Maybe getting her something sweet would lighten up her mood.

"Why don't we stop here and get you something, I know you don't like sweets but. . . Paris has the best pastries. Please let's try it."He said.

Her father's efforts moved her heart. At least she still had him. So she agreed to catch a bite. So they walked out of the car and walked into the bakery. The bell rang and a woman with navy blue hair walked to them.

"Hello, welcome to Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie how may I help you?"

"Hello, my name is Isaac Miller, this is my daughter Shikagaru Nina. She is new here so we thought to visit your bakery for some famous Parisian pastries. " he said

"Oh yes you have come to the right place. And welcome to Paris Shigaraku." She turned to talk to somebody. "Tom, we have a new Parisian come meet them."

A tall man with short brown hair came from the back to meet the guests.

"Mr Miller, this is such a wonderful surprise. Who would have thought the future Mayor of Paris would be standing in my bakery."He said giving a hearty laugh.

Isaac scratched the back of his neck bashfully. Clearly amused by the compliment.

"It's not official yet, but I'm honoured kind sir." Said Isaac.

"Please Sir call me Tom. Welcome to Paris once more, please take anything you like on the house." He said

To Tom's wishes, Isaac picked a couple of croissants. After thanking Tom they then decided to leave the bakery and reach their destination, the Grand Hotel.