- Chapter 1 - Erida/Ayita's (Y/N) POV

TW: swearing, blood

I own all characters in this except the ones shown in the Avatar movies, the credit for those belongs to James Cameron.

>Erida's POV (dream/memory thing)<   btw in this dream/memory thing-a-ma-jig Erida is 13 and Lo'ak is 14 so they are practically still children. 

"Erida! Erida, where are you" my father cried. The thick blanket of smoke billowed throughout the forest. Flames licking every tree and consuming anything in its path. "Father, father I'm here" I called, but the fire was deafening, bloodcurdling screams muffling my plea. "Erida?" "Father, I'm here. Right here" I wailed. A break in the flames allowed me to see my father, covered in blood, wheezing, choking. "Father!" I yelled. For a brisk second, I could hear the faint beating of chopper wings approaching. Spinning my head I spotted them, the Sky People. Pulling myself up off the ground, I stumbled toward my father, coughing and spluttering as he lay there. "Father" I desperately shook his shoulders "Father c'mon we have to go the Sky People are coming!". but he remained uncomfortably still. I began to feel tears forming in my bloodshot eyes. "Father! No!" I wailed "Father, please. Get up"  I sobbed, and sloppily tried to push him up. but it was too late he was gone. I cowered over his stagnant body wailing in despair. Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder and a comforting voice "hey-" I look up and see Lo'ak my best friend in the whole world, although he was more like a brother to me. He bent down and softly hugged me. I let all my weight fall into his arms. "Erida" he softly pushes my shoulders so I'm facing him, "Are you ok?" he looked so genuine and concerned. "I-Im fi-" I started but then burst into tears. He pulled me back into a hug and gently squeezed me "shit" he mumbled under his breath, "it's going to be ok". I felt him pull me up. "we gotta go," he said softly, but I could hear the urgency in his voice. I glanced back at my father's dead body and back to Lo'ak, "y-your right" I sobbed in between breaths. He looked me dead in the eyes, "Stay close to me, ok?"

<END DREAM/MEMORY>

I was woken by someone jumping up and down on my blanket "All'ura" I complained groggily "go away I'm trying to sleep" but she continues bouncing. "uhhhh" groaning I sat up and looked at her. She was giggling and having so much fun. That's right it was her birthday. I got up, walked over to my chest, and pulled out a little box with a tag that read 'Happy 6th Birthday All'ura, love Erida'. no, it can't say 'Erida' it's too dangerous to go by that name anymore, that's why I changed it, for my safety and theirs. I cross it out and re-write 'Ayita'. "Hey, what do you have there," she asked excitedly. "oh nothing" I smirked "just a present for a very special girl who happens to have a birthday today" I teased. Squealing, All'ura ran up to me and hugged my leg "hey guys keep it down" Haji groaned. Haji was 19 and the eldest of All'uri and me. Even though I wasn't biologically related to them they were my family. "But Haaaajjjjjiiiii" All'uri complained "it's my birthday" I walked over to where Haji was sleeping and lightly kicked him in the back of his head. "Ow, shit, what was that for" I laughed as he held the back of his head and sat up "it's our sister's birthday, dingus" I pointed out. he rolled his eyes and poked his tongue out at me, so I pushed his head in return "idiot" I added over my shoulder as I walked back to All'uri. 

<time skip bc I can> 

"Citana, sìltsan" the salty air blew in my face as I rode my Ilu across the waves. diving in and out, flipping and twisting in our oasis - the ocean. When we dove below the waves it was magical, all the colours and wildlife, I could live down here if I could turn into an Ilu. as I was becoming one with the sea, five shadows were cast onto the water. I looked up to the surface, confused. Citana, my Ilu swam up to me and began nudging me, which told me we should go. I hoped on her and we left diving like a torpedo through the sea. She came to a stop at the surface and I looked back since we overtook these strangers. Five Ikran were soaring to shore. Wait Ikran, these are forest people. what are they doing here? "sìltsan," I told Citana to take us back to shore. 

Once we were closer I saw the chief talking to a darker blue Na'vi, the forest people. I watched them discussing something, it looked like the forest man was pleading. "Ayita" Haji called "come". He was standing with Dani'ca, Ida, Ellry and Orv'le who was the youngest son of the chief and would spend most of this day out on the reef with his Ilu. I dove off Citana and swam the rest of the way to the shore. As I broke the surface I noticed one of the forest people looking at me, he tapped the other forest man next to him and pointed to me. The younger-looking forest Na'vi leaned his head out and looked me dead in the eyes, wait I've seen that look before, a long time ago. "Hey, Taw (sister), you comin' or are you just gonna stay there staring at those forest boys" he mocked. I gave him a death stare and continued to swim to shore. "Ooo does someone have a crush on the outsiders" he taunted, "leave it Haj" I warned as I walked off. "Oh, she does" Ida assumed as they followed me "Only someone who has a crush would deny it" Dani'ca added. "Guys, drop it! I don't like either of them, they are people of the forest, outsiders!" I snapped and stormed off.  

I took a deep breath in. The sea always calmed me, no matter what. But now with these strangers here I felt uncertainty in the waves. I decided to walk up and join the crowd that had formed around the newcomers, it was practically the whole village. I spotted All'uri, Gleda and Takhui standing by the chief(authors note, I forgot to mention that Takhui is the chief's younger brother, anyway back to the story) I walked up to them, "Hey, what's happening?" I asked All'uri in a whisper. She turned her head around "His name is Jake Sully and this is his family, he has asked the chief to stay here so he can keep his family safe from the war." "What war?" "I think he said it was with the Sky People." "Sky People?" "Mhm, I think" I shuddered under those words, words I never thought I would hear again. The words that bring death and destruction. Out of the corner of my eye, I caught the younger forest boy staring at me again, I looked at him and almost instantly he snapped his head back to the ground. He looked about my age maybe older, and so, so very familiar. "Ayita" All'uri nudged me "who is that and why does he keep staring at you?" she questioned. I glanced back at the boy, "I, I don't know" I admitted.

"My son, Ao'nung and my daughter Tsireya will show your children what to do" the chief declared.  Ao'nung stepped slightly in front of his father and whispered, "But father who do-" "It is decided". I held onto All'uri's hand as Tisreya walked forward, smiling, "come, I will show you our village" she said softly.  I noticed the Na'vi forest boy staring at me as they walked by. I caught his eye again but before he looked down I smiled, not a big, huge, cheezy grin, a nice, small, welcoming smile. He smirked a little and looked back down as they continued to walk. "Ayita, you, your sister and your brother are to assist your cousins with the forest people. Help them teach them our ways." the chief said as he walked over to us. I looked up at him "Yes chief" I responded. I took All'uri's hand and followed Tisreya and the forest people. 

{A/N: thank you for reading the first chapter. I will try to publish as often as I can. <3 you guys, stay safe}