Part 6

Embers POV

I groan and roll over. I open my eyes when I feel the hard ground. I sit up and see I am in Nasemi's cave. She is in the cave entrance looking out. All my things are at the end of the cave. My meat and Polar bear skins. I get up and look down at my body. I have a few cuts here and there. My nails are longer than normal. After I become aware of everything I feel something on my head. I touch it and find an eyepatch. I make a small ice slab. I hold it up and take the eye patch off. My right eye, the one that is blind. It has a large scar over it.

'Are you feeling okay dear?' Rain asks me. I nod and slowly get up. "I'm so sorry my song bird. But you had to go through this. Otherwise you would not have my full power. I wish I did not have to hurt you." Shad tells me, sadness in his voice. "It's okay Shad, I understand." I say quietly as I walk up to Nasemi. "Human, It is good to see you. I must say. I am impressed. I have.. . i have been watching you. And you did well. But sadly I can not teach you anymore. You must do the rest on your own." Nasemi tells me.

"Why?" I ask. "I have much to deal with. I do not believe we will ever see each other again. But, I will take you to your home. Get your things together. And once you're ready, we will go." Nasemi tells me. I nod and go back to my things. I quickly make a bag out of bear fur. I put all my things into it. I sigh and go back to Nasemi. "I'm ready." I tell her. I put my bag on my back. "Before we leave. I must scent you. So other dragons and dragon slayers know what you are." Nasemi says. I nod.

Nasemi leans her head down and puts her forehead on mine. After a moment she blows ice cold air on my body. "Let us go. Get on." Nasemi says as she pulls away from me. I nod and climb onto her back. 'Hold on my flower.' Rain tells me. I hold on and Nasemi flies into the air. It's cold but it feels nice. After what feels like hours. I see the guild island. I smile and look down at it. My heart hurts knowing I wont see Lani there waiting for me. Nasemi lands on the beach and I get off. "What the fuck!" I hear someone yell. I look over and see Mario running over. I smell the dragon on him.

"...Who are you?" Mario asks. "Hey Mario. Its me, Red. Boats little sister." I say. "Red?!" Mario says with wide eyes. "Yep. And this is Nasemi. My dragon trainer." I tell him. " Your a dragon slayer now?" He asks. "I must go my Snowdrop. Stay safe." Nasemi says as she turns and flies off. "Yeah, I'm a Ice Dragon Slayer now." I tell him. "Anyway. Wheres boat?" I ask. "..He's gone. Him and David have been gone on a mission for two months now." Mario tells me. "And.... You need to be carefull around Ritchie now." Mario says. "Why?" I ask. Mario sighs and looks down.