- ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: mentions of death.

✧༺♥༻✧

(Y/N)'s POV

9 years ago, 1900 (6 years old)

✧༺♥༻✧

"Did you have yet another nightmare?" I heard a soft voice ask me as the door slowly creaked open. It was Mr Mircea, whose last name I haven't memorized yet. He is a tall, weathered man with kind eyes who has been taking care of me together with his wife as if I were their child. I slowly nodded my head as I extended my hands to get a hug from him, which caused him to chuckle lightly.

"Oh, you poor youngin. what plagued your mind this time?" He asked. I was sniffling, barely creating coherent sentences "I saw mommy and daddy again, just as how they were when they stopped breathing."

"(Y/N), would you like to hear a story from me?" He asked, to which I nodded, wiping away my tears. Mr Mircea smiled melancholically as he sat down next to my bed, tucking me under the blanket.

"So...Once upon a time, there existed a world where magic existed. It was a Wonderland, a world much like our own, but touched by magic."

My tears stopped coming as I was listening to him. "And in this world, everything that you think would be silly is normal. Instead of playing baseball, they play a game called spell drive! Isn't that interesting, darling (Y/N)?"

I nodded, feeling a little better. "Could we go there someday?" I asked. Mr Mircea began laughing. "Sorry deary, but very few can go to that world, only the ones who have a soul worthy of entering it can go. But maybe one day, you'll be able to go there."

I smiled as I felt my eyes slowly close. Mr Mircea began patting my head gently, before whispering a little "goodnight".

✧༺♥༻✧

Present, September 1909 (15 years old)

✧༺♥༻✧

The evening sky is cloudy as I sit in the ornate carriage, a prisoner of circumstance. The opulent trappings of the carriage reflect the opulence of the party I am about to attend, a grand event to which my adoptive parents have insisted I accompany them. My fingers trace the delicate patterns of the lace curtain that separates me from the outside world, offering a moment of solitude before the night's festivities unfold.