Chapter 1

I was far away from home once again, sailing on my boat along with my men.

We raided anything that we stumbled upon. Settlements, towns, other boats and much more.

I've been away from my wife Freya for about two weeks. Two more weeks and I'll return, that's what I thought until I got a message from her.

She always knew how to talk to me, she did that through my dreams, whenever I went to sleep, she would appear and we could talk.

But it was different this time. I didn't see a smiling Freya that missed me, I saw a desperate, angry, crying wife.

I got worried and asked her what happened and it was way worse than I imagined.

Our son Baldur was killed by someone that called himself a warrior.

I was able to hold back my rage and asked her if she knew who did it. She said the man that killed him was called Kratos, I never heard this name before but it doesn't matter, he will pay for what he did.

I tried to calm her down, which didn't work at all at first, but eventually she followed my advice and calmed down.

I promised her that I will kill the man who did this, she told me revenge isn't going to bring our son back, which I knew, but I wouldn't be able to live, knowing the guy that killed my son is still out there and possibly killing other people's sons.

When I woke up I changed our course back to home immediately and after a few days we arrived.

I wasted no time and stormed back to our home, before pulling Freya in a tight hug.

She burried her face into my shoulder and sobbed while I gently stroked her hair and said how sorry I was for not being there to protect our only son.

Freya: It is not your fault. He's old enough to take care of himself.

Y/N: Where is he?

She showed me his body which was lying on a table, covered by a blanket.

I pulled the blanket away and examined him.

I saw a bunch of wounds caused by axes and arrows and a broken neck.

Y/N: But he is...invulnerable. How did this happen?

Freya: They broke the spell.

Y/N: Who is they? I thought it was only Kratos.

Freya: He wasn't alone, his son helped him.

I smiled.

Y/N: Good, I will kill him first. Hell, I'll even find his wife and kill her too.

Freya: No. Only Kratos has to die, no one else.

Y/N: He will die, don't worry. But first, he will suffer.

She put her hand on my shoulder.

Freya: Don't let our son's death turn you into a monster.

Y/N: I need to be one to kill this fucker. He killed Baldur, which means he's not a weakling. I will make him suffer, make him watch his family die, break his spirit, before breaking his body.

Freya: This is not-

Y/N: It has to he this way, Freya. Just tell me where that happened and I'll take care of it.

Freya: I will come with you.

Y/N: No. I can't risk losing you too.

Freya: I know how to handle myself.

Y/N: So did Baldur and look what happened.

Freya: Y/N please, let me help.

I pulled the blanket over Baldur again and turned back to her.

Y/N: You can help me by being safe.

Freya: Are you even listening to me?

Y/N: Always.

Freya: Then let me come with you.

Y/N: What if he tries to kill you? I can protect you, but even I make mistakes and fuck up sometimes.

Freya: It's not your duty to protect me.

Y/N: It is.

Freya: We will do this together. You won't fight for me, we will fight side by side to avenge Baldur's death.

I sighed.

Y/N: Is there any way I can convince you to stay here?

Freya: No, there is not.

Y/N: Alright then, but please, don't try to be a hero.

Freya: The same goes for you.

Y/N: Now, there is one person that I wanna talk to before we go to Kratos.

Freya: Who's that?

I smiled.

Freya: Oh no. Please don't tell me you want to invite that-

Y/N: Oh yes, I do.

Freya: He will only slow us down.

Y/N: He will be a great asset. And remember, having him on our side will turn this battle into a fair 3 on 3 fight.

Freya: Y/N, we will not kill his wife and son.

Y/N: Why do you protect them so much?

Freya: I don't protect them. They just had nothing to do with it, we shouldn't drag them into this.

Y/N: You said his son was helping him in his battle.

Freya: He did...

Y/N: Then it's only fair if he'll pay for that.

Freya: Alright, let's do it your way then if you insist. But can we at least keep his wife out of this.

Y/N: Fine, if she won't try to start something, I will not touch her.

Freya: Good, we still came to an agreement at the end.

Y/N: We always do, don't we?

Freya: You don't make it easy but we usually do.

Y/N: I don't make it easy? Ha ha.

Freya: Come with me, let's sit down. I prepared a meal for you.

Y/N: You didn't have to, but thanks.

I put the fork and knife back down after finishing this fine meal that Freya made for me.

Y/N: This was delicious, you really know how to impress me every single time.

Freya: It was a new way of preparing it, found it in some old recipe book in the library, why not try it out, right?

Y/N: Good thing you did. I was getting tired of eating fish for the past weeks, every single goddamn day.

Freya: Well now that you're back, this horror of eating fish finally ended.

She said jokingly.

Y/N: You know there is another thing that I missed besides your food.

Freya: What would that be?

I stood up and came closer to her.

Y/N: Take a guess.

Freya: Hm, that's a hard one. Maybe you mean...me?

Y/N: You got it.

I answered before kissing her neck and earning soft moans from her.

Freya: You can't imagine how much I missed you.

I picked her up, my lips still not leaving her neck, while she wrapped her legs around me.

Y/N: Let me take you to our bed so you can show me how much you missed me.

Freya: Ah...yes.

She agreed between moans.