So it begins

Stella walked around the parking lot waiting for her boyfriend Keegan's football practice to be done. She had stayed at the school later to finish a project for the student council and wanted a ride home, she didn't want to walk in the cold all the way home.

A normal high school student would have their parents pick them up however Stella did not have that luxury. Her parents bounced and hadn't been around in a while. They never actually wanted to be parents, up until Stella was 10 she lived with her grandma until her grandma passed away from cancer. 

After her Grandma died, Stella's mom ended up staying around for a while and being an actual mother. She bounced again in middle school and Stella ended up staying with her best friend Ashley and her mom. Ashely and Stella had been friends forever and were basically siblings at this point.

The beginning of high school Stella convinced Ashley's mom she was fine on her own and has been living by herself ever since. She was basically her own person, living her own life. Going to school excited her and she was well known throughout the school being head of the student council, yearbook, and newspaper. She also did the morning announcements and was one of the first people welcoming students to school everyday.

After what felt like forever Stella finally saw Keegan and Jax walking into the parking lot, both in their football uniforms and carrying their helmets. Keegan looked surprised when he saw Stella but motioned for Stella to follow them.

"Your still here" Keegan asked

"Yeah I had to finish writing the reports from the fall dance. Can I have a ride home?" Stella asked.

"Of course" Jax, Keegans bother and  the one who actually could drive responded. "Hop in."

Stella hopped in Jax truck and they began the drive back to Stella's.

Stella and Keegan had been dating since July but have known each other since that March. Randomly they were sat next to each other in Spanish class and at first they didn't talk to each other at all. Stella was focused on the class and Keegan was more of a class clown that Stella had no time for. One day Keegan asked Stella for the notes and the began talking, which soon lead to studying together. As soon was school got out for the summer they were hanging out everyday when Keegan wasn't busy with football practice and finally on Fourth of July they made it official. 

Keegan Mckeens was the star quarterback of Mountain High meanwhile his brother Jax was the star wide receiver. Their dad James was the head coach of the football team and also the best Geography teacher Mountain High had. By best meaning he just played movies all the time cause he was too busy reviewing football tapes. The class was an easy A and almost a joke at this point.

The boys mom, Tiff was a head nurse at the local hospital. Tiff and James had been married for 20 years and had 4 kids, counting Keegan and Jax they also had two younger girls Victoria a freshman at Mountain High, and Claire who was in middle school. They were the picture prefect family and one of the highest and most powerful families in the area. 

After a quick 10 minute ride Stella was home. She thanked Jax for the ride and walked inside to her empty household. While the silence would drive some crazy, Stella found it peaceful. She was used to the silence and felt her home was the most confronting place despite having no one to share it with. 

Despite her parents not being around they had still managed to set it up as they were around. Her parents bought the house when Stella was 5 and have never sold it despite not actually living there in years. Her parents owned a flower shop that Stella always used as an excuse when her parents didn't show up to things. 

No one knew her parents weren't around and many believed her lies, however her history teacher Mary knew something was up. Two weeks after Freshman year started when Stella finally turned in the form parents were supposed to sign with a forged signature Mary asked Stella to stay after class and make sure everything was a lot. Mary assured Stella she could trust her and Stella ended up telling Mary the whole truth and ever since then Mary has been on her side. Helping Stela get food and excusing her from assignments deemed as unnecessary.

______

The weekend went by slow for Stella as she had nothing to do or no plans with anyone. She worked on some reports for the school finical pages and completed an English paper. When she had finished all that she started to begin watch Netflix, one of her favorite activities. 

All throughout the weekend Stella was feeling off and noticed something was wrong. At first she thought it was the flu but then realized she had other symptoms. She thought her period might be coming so she checked her app and discovered her period was 3 weeks late. Thats when it dawned on her she might be pregnant.

Quickly she walked to target to buy a pregnancy test and then ran home to take the test. She took the test then sat it down on the counter. The longest 3 minutes of her life. Then the timer from the oven went off and it was time to check the test.

With shaky hands Stella picked up the test and read the positive result. She dropped the test on the counter and rolled up into a ball. What was she going to do. Alone in this world and now she was carrying a baby? She had just turned 16 and was only a sophomore, was she ready to become a mother?

_____

Authors note: Thank you for reading! Sorry if these chapter was boring I wanted to jump right into the story so I figured I could give some of the background first. Hope you enjoyed!