Reminescence

" Welcome to my fanfiction, My Other Half! Since the first Avatar, I've been passionnate with the world of Pandora, and even more since Avatar: The Way of Water came out. Lo'ak is by far my favourite character in the movie; mainly because he struggles with his differences, and I can relate so much to him. So this is my attempt at writing about him, and an Original character of mine; a Female Metkayina Avatar driver.

Enjoy, and let me know what you guys think! :3 "

🌊

" THE WAY OF WATER
HAS NO BEGINNING
AND NO END.

THE SEA IS AROUND YOU
AND IN YOU.

THE SEA IS YOUR HOME,
BEFORE YOUR BIRTH,
AND AFTER YOUR DEATH.

OUR HEARTS BEAT
IN THE WOMB OF THE WORLD.
OUR BREATH BURNS
IN THE SHADOWS OF THE DEEP.

THE SEA GIVES AND THE SEA TAKES.
WATER CONNECTS ALL THINGS,

LIFE TO DEATH,

DARKNESS TO LIFE. "

🌊

" Somewhere, in the vast region of the coastal reefs,
a flickering flame is burning,
yet its light was barely able to stay alive. "

🌊

Lo'ak always has been a solitary Na'vi. He preferred the endless ocean, the reassuring feeling of protection the water offered him. He matured a lot after Neteyam's death five years ago, but became more isolated as a result. Thankfully, the tulkun Payakan was still at his side, accompanying him on the road of grief, and recovery.

Today was a perticularely cold day in the sea. The sky was grey and thick, announcing an imminent storm. As per usual, Lo'ak accompanied Payakan at the Three Brothers Rocks, the original place where they met for the first time. The debris of the Sea Dragon were still visible here and there, the remnants of the battle still fresh in Lo'ak's mind. Coming here was sort of a healing process for him, a reminder of what the Sky People were capable of.

The young Na'vi shivered, getting closer to Payakan's giant face. The tulkun sang to Lo'ak and got him out of his thoughts, and Lo'ak smiled weakly.

" Your mind seems troubled today. "

" I'm okay. "

" More than usual. "

Lo'ak's smile disappeared, as he looked into the distance.

" I... I miss my brother. "

Payakan caught Lo'ak's gaze, but he turned away again.

" Do you want to talk about it? "

Silence followed. Still to this day, talking about Neteyam always hurted him deeply. He felt indirectly responsible for his death, being the one who brought him and the other Na'vis along while trying to warn Payakan of the imminent danger of the RDA.

" I'm fine. "

Being emotionnally bonded to Lo'ak via tsaheylu, the tulkun could feel every emotion that went through his heart. He knew, he felt that something was troubling him, but he didn't insisted. The two of them respected each other greatly, and the last thing they wanted was to put any form of pressure between them.

Payakan simply grunted softly in response. Trying to contain his emotions, Lo'ak simply hugged the tulkun, as they closed their eyes and savored this moment of peace and quiet.

" Can you bring me to the Spirit Tree? "

A high-pitched cry ressembling a laugh made Lo'ak open his eyes, as he fixed Payakan's eye with anticipation.

" It would be my pleasure. "