142| It's About Time

In the apartment, Zoey walked around Rachel, Angela and Mrs. Lawrence who were all working on Topanga as she took pictures on a polaroid came to remember such an important day.

"You're gonna be a beautiful bride, Topanga." Mrs. Lawrence said, brushing her daughter's hair.

Topanga smiled. "Thanks, Mum. I just want everything to be so perfect for Cory. I love him so much. This whole day is just full of love!"

"I hate him!" Shawn exclaimed as he burst into the apartment with a shopping bag in hand. "He's  self-centered, whining, demanding, miserable little white boy."

Shawn placed the bag down on the kitchen counter. Zoey placed the polaroid camera down and walked over to her fiancée.

"What happened, honey?" Zoey asked, grasping Shawn's arm.

"Get the tuxedos, pumice my toes, tie the cans to the car! I'm his best man, not his hamster!" Shawn explained in frustration.

"But you got the tuxedos, right?" Topanga asked.

"You two deserve each other." Shawn grumbled. He walked over to the couch and sat down.

Zoey joined her fiancée and gently took his hand in hers. "Um, Shawnie, what is really bothering you?"

"Cory is really bothering me! I don't know what I ever saw in him." Shawn replied.

"Shawn..." Topanga began as she walked over to him and pet his hair with soothing motions.. "See, this is my wedding day and I would really appreciate it if there wasn't any tension."

"I don't care." Shawn retorted. "If somebody abuses me, I lash out."

"Nobody is abusing anybody!" Topanga said brightly, her hand wrapped around Shawn's throat and forced him to a standing position. "This is my wedding day. How dare you?"

Shawn let out a pained grunt when his back hit the door.

"Ah. Could somebody help me out here, please?" Shawn pleaded

"No, see, the best man cannot hate the groom. No, you're gonna ruin my wedding pictures." Topanga said as she hit Shawn's head against the door with each word.

Zoey jumped up from the couch and hurried over to her best friend. "Topanga, you're killing him."

"Dad! I'm comin Dad!" Shawn gasped out.

Angela rushed over and placed a hand on Topanga's shoulder. "Topanga, if he dies then the best man is Eric."

"Then we don't want him to die." Topanga realized.

"No, no we don't." Zoey agreed.

Topanga finally released Shawn and he sunk to the ground. "You okay? Okay. Good boy."

Zoey crouched down beside Shawn and watched her fiancée with genuine concern.

"They're both psycho." Shawn panted out.

"How can there be anything wrong between you and Cory? You love him more than I do!" Topanga insisted before she turned to her mother. "It's true, but I'm okay with it."

"Our entire friendship has always been about him." Shawn complained. "How does Cory feel? What is Cory thinking?"

"Come on, Shawnie." Zoey murmured, running her fingers through his hair. "What is this really about?"

"You know..." Shawn began as he stood up. "You think on his wedding day he'd realize how hard this is for me."

With that, Shawn left the apartment and Zoey wasted no time in running after him.