Ch 21

Edited by :Creepy-Face

Cameron raised an eyebrow at Ali, Who was looking at him with a very adorable expression. Contrary to his calm front he was dying inside from Ali's cuteness. Especially now that his adorable eyes, which practically screamed 'praise me'.

"Good boy," Cameron said as he petted Ali on the head. Ali made a satisfied purr, and Cameron had to take a deep breath so as to not grab him into his embrace and litter his face with kisses. It wasn't good to spoil pets too much.

Cameron took the rabbit meat from Ali, and went to prepare it. He actually didn't catch any meat. As he was just planning to only cook vegetables, but since Ali caught this rabbit, H
he would prepare it. Meanwhile Ali was praising himself for his decision to catch the rabbit. If he hadn't catched it he would only have to eat vegetables and fruits for dinner, and he really hated it when that happens.

After eating dinner, they prepared to go to bed. As Cameron laid down Ali went on top of him with familiarity, and made himself comfortable. Cameron wrapped his hands around Ali's waist and turned them around to the side. Ali snuggled into his embrace. Cameron smiled, and also snuggled closer.

The day Cameron was closely following the map that Enin had given while making sure that Ali was following him. Everytime he looked back Ali would look up at him with a cute expression. At these moments Cameron would have to give in, and give him a small pat on the head.

This continued as they went up to the mountain on the map, and until they were finally, atop the mountain. They could now feel the intense heat radiating in the air. They were now in front of a large gate. It looked old but strong. Yet, Cameron wasn't focusing on that at the moment. He was more focused on the silver haired neko in his arms.

He was at this moment littering kisses all over Ali's soft cheeks as he cooed at him. Ali giggled delightfully, Cameron really couldn't help himself, and rubbed his cheeks against Ali who then started to purr.

It was only until five minutes later did Cameron place Ali down with one final peck on his forehead. "Keep close to me now alright?" The still purring Ali nodded his head obediently. Cameron smiled and took the other hand in his. He then led them to the gate. The gate opened before them.

They walked inside. The gate yet, again locked behind them. On the other side of the gate, it was as if they had entered a whole new world. Unlike other mountains which were cool and lush at the top. The top of the mountain here was the complete opposite, it was quite literally a desert.

A few heads turned towards them when they had entered yet Cameron ignored them. He gave them all a cold look before looking down and checking on Ali. Seeing Ali's emotionless expression made him nod his head in approval. He then stepped forward.

As they walked through the desert like streets filled with criminals. There was no shortage of eyes glancing at them. Cameron continued to ignore them as he looked for an inn to sleep in for the night. He was looking for a place not too eye-catching yet, not a dump either. He didn't want to draw too much attention to Ali, and himself. 'If it was me in my last life, I would have gone directly to the most prestigious inn without a second thought' Cameron thought to himself as he stopped in front of an inn's door.

He stepped inside. He could still feel a few eyes on himself as he made his way towards the receptionist desk. The girl behind the desk looked down at him with raised eyebrows."What can I do for you? she asked. "I'd like a room," Cameron answered.

"That would be 10 level one mana's stone", Cameron without hesitation gave her the stones. "And how much for a meal to be delivered to our room?" "2 level one mana stones" After paying the girl took a form under her desk "Your room is 109."

Cameron gave a small nod before going up the stairs beside the receptionist's desk. The moment he opened the door Ali shot past him and jumped on the bed. Cameron chuckled as he closed the door behind him. "Like it?" he asked Ali. Ali nodded,"It's so comfortable~" Cameron smiled some more. "I'm going to go take a bath first, after I'm finished you're going after me alright?" "Will the water be cold?" Ali asked worriedly.

Cameron smirked, "Don't worry,I'll make sure it's warm when it's your turn." "Alright" Ali murmured, his face was a little bit red from embarrassment."Be good, I'll be back soon" Cameron said, as he couldn't help but chuckle as he walked away."It's n-not that funny!" Ali shouted in even more embarrassment. "Sure it's not, kitten!" Cameron shouted right back at him with a laugh.

Ali pouted his lips feeling a bit wronged, but he cheered up immediately after. He could never stay mad at Cameron.

He laid down happily as thought about the events during the day with his Cameron. Ali stayed like this for a while before he began to feel a bit sleepy. He closed his eyes a bit to rest for a while. However he was still aware of his surroundings.

So, when the window opened Ali was quick to attack the intruder who had slipped inside. Except the intruder was a bit faster than him. The intruder quickly dodged him and swung the dagger in his hand. Ali immediately dodged back but he was too late as the dagger made a slightly deep cut on his chest. Ali growled at the intruder which in turn made the intruder a bit startled.

Ali took this chance to kick the intruder a few paces backwards. He then quickly swept his legs under the intruder making the intruder fall to the ground. Ali was quick to grab the intruder's dagger and placed it at his throat while sitting on top of him.

This was the scene Cameron came upon when he opened the room door. Cameron frowned slightly at the intruder under Ali."Who sent you?" he asked threateningly as he closed the door behind him.