Early 2022 poem

He still lives in the silences between my thoughts and he still has his engraved spot in my memories. The love I have for him is a love I will never be able to keep so I live in our bleak memories in this bed I have made. He's with the other woman now, the other woman who enchants his gaze, the other woman who has fresh blossoming moments with him, the other woman who has the time to please him. It's all over now and it never really began but in my heart it was so real, all the times you spoke to me.  So now in my bedsheets I weep, oh darling I pray to forget. In my dreams my face is still in your chest with your generous loan of your interest. But sometimes you return to me at night when I have fallen asleep and your face is pressed against mine and your just apologising.

But I'm too young to hold on but I am to far to just break free and run. I'm just to dumb to see the damage you done, but darling I wish you stayed as it will never be too late. Every-time we spoke I poured myself over you and you soaked me with dread reminding me that I will always wake up alone without your presence. As now I'm the other woman, the one who sits on standby, the other woman who is a faded time to you, the other woman who will never have your love to keep.
You still live in the silences between my thoughts and you will always have bed made between memories. I miss you so much and I will always love you.