~FORTY-FIVE~

Anywhere, whenever. Apart, but still together. I know I'm not alone. I know I'm not alone.
~ Alan Walker.

_____•°•_____

And we're back, people!!!🥺🥺 Yes, I'm going to finish this book whether they like it or not! Okay, so, I have many people to dedicate chapters to, but I'mma dedicate this to Talkmarie11  because it's her birthday todayy! Happy birthday, b.😍🤩🎉 And to _atangemem_ one of my newest readers, I think.❤️

Thank y'all for waiting for me— those that waited sha oh.🌚😌

Also, thank y'all for 13.3k reads on this book.🥺 God bless you.

That said, we meuve!

_____°•°_____

*UNEDITED*

Song for this chapter: I Just Wanna Know by NF.

BOLU

“Today’s the day we kick your butt!” Jeremy yelled in our faces and smacked his fist against his palm.

The interhouse sports competition day fell on a Thursday, and after the school bus dropped us all in Obafemi Awolowo Stadium, the eleven of us found each other and occupied a few of the seats. Eleven of us as in: Nina, Joy, Ninuola, Fred, Ore, Ashley, Chidera, MJ, Jeremy, Ayo and me. The first five on the top seats, second six on the seats below. We faced each other so we were in a circle. Around us, other students gathered in different groups, their sports outfit creating a beautiful palette of colours.

The stadium was not what I expected it to look like. I was thinking it would have been renovated into something more befitting as, you know, Nigeria’s first stadium, but nah, it looked more like another civil war had happened here and they had to do quick mending. Maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, but I was seriously disappointed. Anywho sha, we were gonna use it for whatever we wanted to use it for today.  

“Guy, this is like the umpteenth time you’re saying this thing. You no go like chill?” Ninu said, rolled her eyes and made a gesture with her hands.

“Men don’t chill,” Jeremy said, “we’re always on fire!” He turned to MJ. “Abi?”

“Got that right, nigga!” MJ yelled back, even louder than Jeremy.

“I can see why you both have burns all over your body,” Ninu said and everyone burst out laughing. Even Jeremy was laughing at himself.

“Hey!” He faced Joy Anne, still laughing. “You’re not supposed to be laughing!”

“And you are?” she asked. “Abeg oh, let me laugh in peace.” 

Then the laughter continued.

It was enthralling. Seeing us like this. Together. Laughing like we had no other care in the world; like we didn’t have to compete against each other very soon, or have a lot of exams ahead of us, or would not finish secondary school in the next couple of months.

Again, I threw the thoughts of leaving secondary school deep into the back of mind. I wasn’t ready to dwell on it now. Didn’t know If I’d ever be, but it felt just right to live in the moment. Because there was always a calm before the storm, right?