Chapter 1: Skipping School

Dylan's POV:

"hey max" I said as I walked into the subway building shop.

"oh hey Dylan. I was wondering if you wanted now I want you to focus really hard to go to the-" said Max but the thought was interrupted by Alex.

"hey Dylan oh my god did you get the picture of Gigi and the epic fight last night between your parents Harper told me over the phone that was literally a pie fest" said Alex as she grabbed her backpack off the counter table.

"oh yeah here" I said as I went through my backpack and took out the picture I took off yesterday.

"here" I said and handed it to him.

"hilarious I'm going to hang this up in my room just as a trophy" she said and ran upstairs down to her room.

"okay so Dylan I was wondering if you wanted to-" he started but then one of my best friends came in Harper well she's one of me and Alex's and Justin and Max but they were still friends.

"hey Max where's Alex?" she says.

"Would you mind? I'm trying to talk to somebody here" said Max as she started to get more annoyed.

"hey Harper did you hear that. Max was going to ask Dylan-" said Alex but he quickly ran over there before she could say anything else. I wonder what he had to ask me.

"oh that's today?" said Harper.

"what's today?"

"oh Max was gonna ask you-" said Justin as he came downstairs and Max quickly ran over to him and covered his mouth too.

It must be really important to him because he keep pausing them no matter what. He'll probably tell me later so there's no reason to force me out of it but I'm still curious somebody wants to tell me.

"Max, what are they talking about?"

"oh nothing I just remembered we have to go to school early because school is starting early today and that's what they wanted to tell you is that are you ready for school" he said as Max as he headed towards his backpack.

"I mean who's ready for school?"

"that's exactly what I was trying to say how about we head off to school, rn?" said Max as he rushed me out of the subway shop

"ok"

We walked to school with silence for the rest of the remaining time that we had together until the bell ringed. I wanted to ask him but I decided just to not rock the boat and stayed silent as he stared and watched me. And finally the awkwardness ended with the bell rang and we just went our separate ways

•••

Max's POV:

Gosh I love her so much I love the way her hair goes flowing in the wind. I love how her hazel eyes light up in the distance every time that sun shines in her beautiful face and her beautiful freckles that would seem like 10 million smiles dotted down her face. She's so perfect and yet I can't stop dreaming about her.

"hey sleeping beauty, wake out of your trance" said Alex as she smacked me the face. I hate her she was the reason why I couldn't talk to her like we do everyday

"shut up pizza face"

"how can I be pizza face without any pimps?" said Alex

"you don't need to I can already see it on your smug little face and now say see you I can't talk to her"

"you can talk to her you just need to pronounce words out like "I like you" or "hey Dylan I need to talk to you" or something on the lines with that" said Harper as she joined into this conversation.