tabebuia rosea, you .. and me

Krist walked out of the house after putting a few drops of floral perfume on his body. It had the scent of lilacs and something that Krist didn't really know. He found it smell like spring rain. Krist drove his car to the new office earlier today than usual. It was the very first day he started working at Chiang Mai University after being transfered from Bangkok University.

He was excited with the new changes though!

On the way, Krist visited a burger shop to buy his breakfast and then moved to another place to get his morning coffee, he still had plenty of time. Therefore, the guy who liked to explore like Krist couldn't miss out this opportunity. He decided to steer away from the main road, a corner of his lips slightly lifting up.

The new path was a bit further than the route suggested on the phone map, but it was not the familiar scenery with houses after houses, buildings after buildings along the sidewalks on all the streets like in Bangkok. Krist was sick of that already when working at the old university, that was one of the reasons he immediately agreed with the transfer.

He was looking for new feelings - something serene, something aesthetic - and it seemed like he could soon find it in Chiang Mai.

Krist turned on his spring playlist, those soothing and sweet melodies warmed him up in this cold December air. He felt like he could enjoy listening to all of the songs without tapping the 'Skip' button.

What a good sign for his energy on this day!

🎵🎶 When the spring wind becomes warm.
Everything comes alive, baby
But I will again remain in winter
Living there

When the cold wind blows, the warmth of your embrace
The spring flowers that have fallen are mixed with tears
The memories in the timeline of us two
Flies to the sky 🎶

He chuckled when thinking about those days when he constantly scrolled the whole playlist and couldn't listen to any song completely. In the end, Krist switched off the music and simply made room for the traffic sound on the outside creeping into the tight space in his vehicle.

Today was different, Krist hummed all the songs playing. His slender fingers occasionally tapped on the steering wheel, in tune with the rhythm of the song. The ground was filled with sun rays, the dappled sunlight fell through green branches, walking among tall, leafy trees, on both sides of the small path. Krist opened the car window a little, just enough for the breeze to seep through.

Moving on a long track, Krist intentionally slowed down to capture all the moments that crossed his eyes...

A granny was watering her garden, the water from the hose splashed with tiny droplets under the sunshine that was like thousands of glass bead dancing.

A little boy was learning to ride a bicycle, he cried out of fear whereas his brother started losing his patience.

A dog sunbathing in the yard barked at a stray cat darting across the road in a teasing way.

A group of students were in a hurry, probably they were late for school.

Capturing everything in the eyes, Krist felt unusually peaceful. A slow smile spread across his face, wider and wider, because he loved the tranquil life. The path ahead soon led him to the main road, Krist slightly pressed the accelerator pedal, back to driving with a normal speed, he said goodbye to the placid neighborhood.

The car was moving steadily, Krist stepped on the brake right at the crossroads all of sudden. He widened his eyes in surprise, then lowered his head to the steering wheel for a better view. It was still not clear enough though. He had to pull down the window entirely and take his head out partially to see 'that thing' more clearly.