Chapter 1

You're 17 and moving to Brighton, East Sussex, England, because your step-dad was recently arrested for fraud. The police suspected your mom to be involved too, and so you both had to flee to England.

You keep looking out the window on the ride from the airport to your new house.

"What happened, darling?" Your mother asked.

"Were you involved too? Just tell me if you were. I won't judge you," you said.

"I have done a lot of things to give you a good life Y/N. Now, I'm not exactly proud of everything I've done, but I don't regret any of it either, because look at where we are now," your mom said, trying to comfort you.

"Running from cops? From reality? From our own home?" You asked, teary eyed.

Your mother didn't say anything after that.

You got to your new home and started putting boxes of stuff inside the house. The sun was shining bright and you felt nauseous but didn't say anything. Your mom went inside to prepare food and left you with 4 boxes to carry. You carried them one by one, but when you were picking up the third box, you felt light headed and fainted.

You woke up on the sofa in your new house. Your mom was sitting beside you.

"What happened?" You asked, weakly.

"You fainted, honey. The neighbor had to bring you in." Your mom explained.

"Oh. Who's our neighbor?" You asked.

"It's just a small family. I invited them over for dinner. You can meet them tonight." Your mom said.

"Okay. Well, I have one more box to bring in. I'm going to get that." You said.

"Oh, the neighbor already brought it in. Just cool down and rest for some time." You mom said.

"Okay. I'm going to go up to my room. Is that okay?" You asked.

Your mom said yes and you went to your room. You slept for 2 hours and woke up to a stranger staring at you.

"WHAT THE- Who are you?" You asked, scared.

"Hey. I'm your new neighbor." The guy said, in a British accent.

"Well what the hell are you doing in my room?" You asked.

"Your mom sent me to check if you were awake. She says dinner is ready." He said.

"Oh god," you groaned, rubbing your eyes.
"Well, tell her I'll be down in five ... and don't stalk me again, creepy."

The guy rolled his eyes and left. He didn't smile once, in the 5 minute conversation you had. He kept a straight face the whole time. What is wrong with him? You thought, and groaned.

You eventually got ready and got out of bed. You quickly rinsed your mouth and went downstairs.

"Y/N! You're finally here! Meet your new neighbors." Your mom smiled and introduced everyone to you.

You smiled and greeted everyone, including the stalker from before. You found that his name is Wilbur Soot and he's 26. Almost 10 years older than you.

He smiled at everyone, other than you, which made you wonder what his problem was. You decided to confront him the next day.

________________

Author's note:

good morning/afternoon/night to you, whatever timezone you're in :)

i hope whatever problems you're going thru go away soon <3

this is your reminder to eat something and drink some water :D

xoxo

lavender