I'm Still Standing

A/N: All of the chapters are song titles. The first person to guess the artist name gets a shoutout in my next chapter.

"Cookies say that time is money; If you waste it, some of them suppose you're a horrific Cookie, whilst others applaud you for coming up with a new trend. What fashionably late style did I even come up with? Losing someone's mind over a creation I had no desire to make? Somehow they're all relying on me to be the actual savior of the team when their puny minds can't even think of a desirable idea. I want to quit!" Strawberry Crepe mumbled quietly to themselves as the appearance on their face seemed to be too burned and zoned out to even join the dots and spew a notion out into the nothingness referred to as their room. Their robotics team, consisting of themselves, Cherry Cookie, Pinecone Cookie, and Cream Puff Cookie—who had been four well-respected individuals in terms of local robotics— had their first brain-dead moment of their robotics season. These previous but few meets have been nothing but rewarding for the four children, and their success made them go viral on CookieTube now not once, but twice in the past two months. They've cherished the public's understanding of what they do and in no way appeared to cease.

Cherry Cookie's concept of an explosive robot that revered the boundaries set by means of the organization holder would best be flown first class as a prank via a not-so-serious team. Cream Puff solely thought of crushing her hunger, so that wouldn't work out as well. Pinecone Cookie had the most satisfactory idea overall, though it would be for a group with a greater price range than theirs. A biomass eco-friendly robot that— by hook or by crook— stayed within something was set in stone could've been cool in theory, but it seemed to be a horrible notion in practice.

"Their idea would be slicing twenty-four percent of our budget per competition! Two hundred and forty bucks just to get fuel for the fire? I'm thinking every person I bump into is adding fuel to my already burning furnace today. These one-thousand dollars won't spend themselves." Strawberry Crepe thought out loud for what would be the last time that night. They would almost no longer have a time of relaxation and dreaming their sweetest, almost sugar-like desires of winning. Visions of sugarplums wouldn't be the sole thing dancing thru their head that night; Various thoughts of giving up their group would follow quickly after.

The weekend dawned upon Crepe, and the only thing that their proper mind could think of doing was having notions for the robotic design. They hyperfixated on it the whole morning, but they couldn't help drawing in their sketchbook like they did daily instead. That day's drawing was one of the Iron Giant from the film of the same name. Crepe had cherished it given that they loved it when they were a kid, and they regarded it as one of their comfort movies, aside from My Girl and Clueless. This love of the movie sparked a flame in Crepe's mind that would, by no means, truly burn out. They followed the dopamine and drew a design, this time using the prompt that their crew was assigned. The prompt went as follows:

Make a robot that can pick up tiny objects to be put in certain areas.The robot's components ought to be bought with funds of less than $1000.It can have more than one grabbing arm, but no more than three arms on one robot.

Crepe watched the example video once more and sketched a robot whose structure appeared to be like a rectangle body, with two human-like arms on top of its physique that could be used for grabbing. Twenty minutes more of fully fleshing out the drawing that didn't feel like twenty minutes went by faster than a bullet train's max speed. Strawberry Crepe gained a well done design in their eyes, and to them, life was a footrace to first place; They had to get there early on, and the earlier Crepe got to the destination, the better.

"Come on! Come on! Don't leave the call! Don't leave the call!" Strawberry Crepe begged their tablet with increasing persuasion to properly function after now not doing so for the past five minutes. When Crepe heard the pitch ring out, they knew they had been geared up to blow the group's collective mind.