39: Concerns

(Chapter - 39)

**Beep****Beep****Beep**

Yera's phone kept buzzing as the alarm went on, but she was still buried deep into duvet, not at all aware of the ringing alarm due to deep sleep. She shivered as she gathered the duvet with her fists, rolling into it like a worm.

Soon after her phone started ringing again, this time it was from the company as Heeseung instructed, which also went unattended.

"Where is my PA?" Heeseung spoke on the intercom in agitation, annoyed by the fact that his whole schedule for the day was messed up on the next day itself. "Good morning sir, I am here. My sincere apologies for being late to work." Yera entered his cabin and bowed politely as she said, not looking at his face at all.

She looked really pale and barely managed to stand in front of her superior. She first thought of taking a leave, but to not disrupt his schedule and her first impression, she decided to show up.

"Where were you this morning, may I know Ms. Yera?" Heeseung spoke sternly as he glared at her. "I got stuck in a matter, I am really sorry sir." She kept looking at her feet. "This is not what you call professionalism. Look at me while I'm speaking to you." She looked into his bloodshot eyes, observing how furious he was.

"Go out and don't show your face to me again this day." He chastised her as she went out of his cabin, proceeding towards her table to complete the files assigned to her, sitting down with a sigh.

"I want to resign." She texts him over the phone as he glared at her through the glass panel of his cabin. "Get back to work, we will discuss this matter later on." Heeseung sighed as he tossed the phone over the table, leaning back into his chair.

"Aren't you going for lunch?" He gently knocks on her desk as she peeped towards him, observing the work station almost vacant due to the recess. "I guess not." She mumbles as she gets back to work. "Go grab a meal." Heeseung hesitantly stretches his hand out, giving a KFC voucher to her. "No, I don't feel like eating at all." She says, without watching him. A worried look shortly appeared on his face as he observed her barely eating anything from the day she joined him.

A frown appears on Yera's face as she finds her still standing next to her as if he was in a daze. She clears her throat loudly as a way to wake his senses up, causing him to look towards her dumbfounded and abruptly walks for the elevator.

Yera wasn't feeling any butterflies for him. To her it seemed as if her love for him had rusted over the time. His love was more like a creepy obsession for Yera. She didn't like to be bothered about every little thing. They both were not able to understand each other's actions of affirmation.

She sighed heavily before crumpling the coupon and tossing it into the metallic bin. She never wanted a favor from him anymore. It destroyed her life. "Guide me through this journey, Jake." She smiled faintly at her lock screen, before getting back to work.

"Mr. Lee why didn't you say anything to your assistant? Your whole schedule for the day was messed up for the day." The manager said as he piled up the files. "Are you talking to me?" He raised her eyebrows in arrogance as he puts his feet over the coffee table as he gave him his coldest gaze. "No sir, I was talking to myself, I guess." The manager stuttered. "I am not that bad, have this." A cunning smile appeared over his face as he threw a contact card of a psychiatrist to him. "Don't mind taking a leave tomorrow!" He sang as he threw his blazer over his shoulder and left the room.

"Sim Jaeyun~" The manager sang the name, causing Heeseung to stop walking right away, as if the floor had had its grip onto him. His eyes sending an unwavering aura of coldness as he tilted back to see him. "You're fired! Out now! Immediately." Heeseung grabbed the nearest object and threw it towards the manager, who dodged it just in time.

"Sir! You could hurt yourself, please stay calm." Yera held his hand for a second before quickly retrieving it back. "Just leave him alone for some time mister." Yera politely told the person who hastily made his way out of the room.

"Stay." Heeseung said as he grabbed her hand and made her sat next to him on the couch and leaned his head over her shoulder as soon as the tragic past memories related to Jake hovered over his mind.

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️