A dare gone wrong

December 31st had once come again at the North Pole, and Santa had left the elves by themselves as he went to ring in the new year with his girlfriend Elsa. Unfortunately, Elves are not the most responsible when left alone, so they were throwing a New Year's party of their own. Dingle sat in the circle of elves playing truth or dare, waiting for it to be his turn. “Dingle, truth or dare?” Berry called out to him.
“Huh,” Dingle responded, as he had been spacing out, “oh yea uh, truth.”
“Oh come on that’s such a boring answer, live a little Dingle!” Berry mocked.
“Fine, I pick dare.”
“Haha sweet, I dare you to… climb the north pole and make a wish on Santa’s wishing ball!”
“What?!” Dingle cried in outrage, “He uses that to grant all the children’s wishes, I'll be roasting on the fire like a chestnut if he finds out I touched it!”

After much peer pressure from his fellow elves, Dingle found himself climbing the North Pole not even five minutes later. Dingle looked down at the ground which was at least ten feet away, suddenly remembering his intense fear of heights “Uh guys? I really don’t think this is a good idea, what if I fall I break my legs?!” Dingle called, out his voice cracking from fear.
“Come on you’re almost there!”, one of the elves from the crowd shouted.
“Yea, you can’t chicken out now!” another elf protested. Dingle sighed in defeat and continued climbing until the wishing ball was within arm’s length

Dingle silently celebrated and reached for the ball, but suddenly his legs lost their grip and he began to fall. Dingle desperately reached for anything to keep him from falling as he was 15 feet above the ground. He started to panic as he realized he was going to fall but also that he had hit the wishing ball and it was going to fall as well. All elves held their breath as the fragile glass wishing ball teetered on the edge of the north pole. Dingle landed on the ground with a loud thud, but luckily he was okay as his fall was cushioned by the snow. However, the glass wishing ball that fell right after him did not meet as lucky a fate. The crowd of elves flinched back as Santa’s wishing ball shattered onto the ground with an earsplitting crash. “What in the unfrosted sugar cookie did you do Dingle?!” Berry cried out.
“Me? That wasn’t my fault I didn’t want to climb up there, it’s your fault for daring me in the first place.” Dingle exclaimed accusatively.
“I dared you to make a wish on the ball, not break it into a thousand pieces! Whatever we have to fix this before Santa finds out, hurry up and follow me.” Berry responded, trying to cover the panic in her voice with annoyance. Dingle quickly scrambled up, brushing snow off his pants, and chased after Berry. After a few minutes, the two reached a door, “This is Elder Elf’s room. If anyone knows what to do it’ll be him.” Berry said before opening the door and stepping inside. Dingle hurried in after her as Berry explained to Elder Elf what had happened.

“Ah you’re in a bit of a dilemma I see, it was good you came to me because lucky for you I know where you can find another wishing ball. Santa gave the only other wishing ball to Elsa as an anniversary gift and she keeps it in her castle. But it won’t be easy to get to,” Elder Elf warned them, “You must convince a reindeer to take you as they will know the way, you shall also have to cross a raging river of… Pepsi,” There is a series of gasps from the two elves at the mention of the dreadful liquid they had only seen in their nightmares.“But that is not all, once you get to the castle you will have to fight off a hoard of bloodthirsty killer snowmen to get inside, and then you can retrieve the wishing ball and come home.”
Dingle was terrified about the journey ahead, but was still confused on one thing, “But how will we get a reindeer? Santa took them all to go partying with Elsa.” he asked Elder Elf.
“Not all of them Dingle, there is still one in the stable. His name is Sven, go and convince him to show you the way. You must hurry before Santa comes back." The two elves Dingle and Berry raced off to the stables to find the reindeer. Once they arrived at the stable they looked in each stall finding them all empty until they reached the very last stall. Inside the last stall, there was a large reindeer laying down and one of its antlers appeared snapped in half.

“Uh Sven, is that you?” Dingle called out in a nervous voice.
“Who wants to know?”, the reindeer responded in a deep, hostile voice.
“Well I’m Dingle and this is Berry, we accidentally broke Santa’s wishing ball and Elder Elf said you could take us to Elsa’s castles so we could get her wishing ball.”
“No”
“What, why not? Your the only one who can help us.”
“Sorry kid but I don’t do favors, not since I lost my antler. I used to be Santa’s top reindeer, he and all the reindeer loved me. That is until I agreed to help someone out, but everything went horribly wrong. It ended in a horrible accident that caused me to snap one of my antlers and lose all my magic. Ever since then I’ve just been here, as with my magic gone I can’t fly Santa’s sleigh.” Sven replied with a sad faraway look in his eyes as if he was reliving the past.
“I’m so sorry that happened to you Sven, but you don’t have to stay in here all the time just because you don’t have magic. There are plenty of things you can do to help out Santa and us elves. It is horrible that the last time you tried to help someone your antler broke, but I promise it won’t be like that this time.” Dingle pleaded
“I still don’t see why I should go with you, what’s in it for me?” Sven responded, sounding not at all moved by Dingle’s speech.
“How about if you help us get the wishing ball, you can wish for your antler back,” Dingle said, hoping beyond hope that this would work as they needed Sven to get the wishing ball back.
“Fine, we have a deal, when do we leave?”
“Right now.”

Authors note
That's all for the first chapter, I hope you are enjoying this weird shit I know I am