Chapter 1

Izuku was excited. Really, really excited! It was his birthday today, and he was turning four! And then they were going to go see a doctor to go see what Izuku's quirk was! Then he got to go see Kacchan and get a gift from him and Auntie Mitsuki and Uncle Masaru, and they would all get to visit the aquarium together! And he was lucky that it fell on a Sunday, too, that meant he didn't have to go to school!

"Happy birthday, my little Zuku!" Inko said as Izuku bolted down the stairs, excited for his big day to begin. He wrapped his mother up in a hug, and she lifted him up and twirled him around.

"I'm four, mama, I'm four!" Izuku said, looking up at his mother with wide eyes. Inko giggled.

"Yes you are, Zuku, yes you are," she said, ruffling his head. Izuku leaned into the touch, before looking around, noticing an absence of curly black hair. Frowning, he looked back at his mom.

"Where's dad? Is he asleep? If he's asleep I'll go wake him up, and then we can talk and eat cake and play games together!"

Inko, however, furrowed her brows, looking apologetic as she looked towards her room. Back at Izuku, before she sighed.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart, but dad had to get up early to go into work," she said, voice apologetic, and Izuku wilted. But Inko, not wanting her baby to be sad on his birthday, started to bounce him up and down as she turned and headed towards the kitchen. "Don't worry, Izuku, I'm sure he'll be back tonight, and he'll bring you the best present ever!"

Izuku perked up again, grinning. "Really?!"

Inko nodded, peppering kisses all over Izuku. "I'm sure of it, my dear. Now, how about you and I get some celebration pancakes for your big day?"

"Thanks, mama!"
After having celebration pancakes, Izuku had some time to kill while waiting for Kacchan and the other kids from daycare to show up to his party. So, bouncing with excitement, Izuku climbed up onto the couch next to his mother as they put on an All Might movie.

"Mama! Mama!" Izuku said, pointing at the screen and looking at Inko.

"Yes dear?"

"What kind of quirk do you think I'm going to get?" He asked, kicking his legs back and forth. "I'm hoping I'll get something cool like Kacchan's explosions! Or maybe I'll have dad's fire breathing! That would be cool! Then I would be like - phoo!"

Izuku stood up on the couch, sucking in a deep breath until his cheeks were puffed out like a squirrel's. Then, he jumped off the couch and blew it out, throwing his arms behind him before pointing at the now-paused TV. "I'm Dragon, the... the... the dragon hero! You're under arrest, villain!" He puffed his chest up into a superhero stance, then, grinning! "I'll be the best hero there ever was, and me and Kacchan would make the perfect team!"

"I'm sure you will, Izuku," Inko said, before making a motion with her hands for Izuku to come back. He did, clambering up onto the couch with some effort and help from his mom, before he snuggled up next to her. "Now, let's see how All Might is going to win this one, yeah?"

To be contd