And So It Begins

'In the summer of that year, strange events occurred all over Earth. In Southeast Asia, the paddy fields dried up from drought... Heavy rains flooded the Middle East... And America suffered from freezing temperatures. For a group of kids at summer camp, little did they know... that this signaled the beginning of their adventure in an unknown world.'

       A single snowflake fell on top of the cheek of a boy with goggles causing him to awake from his slumber. Taichi or Tai Kamiya, 5th Grade elementary school student. Sora Takenouchi. Yamato Matt Ishida. Koushiro Izzy Izumi. Mimi Tachikawa. Takeru T.K Takaishi. Jyou or Joe Kido. Raychell Yamatsuki or Anna. At first it was one, then two, and then millions signaling a blizzard was on its way, which indeed happened causing all the kids to go inside a cabin.

       "Hurry! This way!" said an adult in charge of the camp, showing the kids where to go. After the blizzard a chunk of snow fell from a tree as Tai opened the cabin's door. "It finally stopped," Tai said as he looked at the amount of snow. "Snow! This is so awesome!" T.K said in excitement as he ran out the cabin. "Amazing! So much snow! Good thing I brought my hoodie" Anna said as she walked after T.K with a smile on her face. "Hey, T.K, Anna, be careful!" Matt said as he walked towards them. "Brr, it's freezing. It's hard to believe that it's summer" Sora said as she walked out with her hands on her arms, trying to keep herself warm.

       "Let's hurry back to where the adults are. The longer we stay here..." Joe tried to say before getting interrupted by a cheerful voice. "Wow! So pretty!" Mimi said as both her and Joe walked out to see the amount of snow. Meanwhile Izzy was trying to get his computer to work, since it hadn't been working since the blizzard happened. "No good... I thought I'd get reception after the winds stopped..." Izzy said as he looked at his phone. All of a sudden the screams of the others were heard. "Izzy! Come out and look at this!" Tai's voice was heard from outside gaining Izzy's attention. "Beautiful! It's so romantic!" Mimi said as they saw a blue light in the sky like waves. "That's..." Izzy said in disbelief as he looked at the sky like everyone else was. "An aurora!" Sora said in amazement as she looked at the sky with a smile on her face.

       "It's my first time seeing one!" Tai said as he smiled in astonishment. "Isn't it amazing?" T.K said as he smiled cheerfully at Anna and Matt. "Yeah, it's amazing! Such a bright color" Anna said as she smiled back at T.K, holding his shoulders. "But that's weird! How can there be an aurora in Japan?" Izzy said as he looked at the sky in confusion. "You're right..." both Sora and Anna said as their expressions changed into one of confusion. "We should get back to the camp where the adults are..." Joe said with a hint of worry in his voice. "Yeah. It wouldn't be cool if we got sick" Matt said as he looked at the sky.

       Noticing a green portal open in the sky, Tai looked at it in confusion. "Hey, what's that?" Tai said as a yellow light formed, sending multiple lights towards them. All of them looked at the lights heading towards them, fear in their faces as they landed in front of them. They screamed in terror as one by one landed on the ground near them. "Is everyone all right?" Sora said as she looked at all of them with worry. "Yeah, somehow" Matt said as he held T.K's and Anna's shoulders. "That was very scary and very exciting too" Anna said as she looked at Matt smiling a bit. "That was surprising," Mimi said as she made her hat stay in place. "Wh-What was that?"Joe said in fear as he tried to stay calm.

       "A meteorite...?" Izzy said as he got closer to the hole the objects caused. As he looked at it he noticed a device coming out as they stood up, the devices floated up, one by one they grabbed them, holding them tight. "What... are these?" Sora said as she opened her hand to take a better look at the device. "It's neither a pager nor a cell phone..." Izzy said as the screens turned green as a big wave came towards them. Once they had noticed the big wave they all screamed in terror as they fell in a portal. They all spined as they separated without knowing it.