New Home

Loki felt empty and alone. He is miles away from his family and is entering one not of his own. Separated from everyone he has ever known and loved and feels like it's all his fault. He had been tossed around from home to home like a hacky-sack, not staying in one place no longer than six months and no shorter then one. The feeling of being unwanted weighed down on him.

His new foster family, for at least a month, consists of the father, Odin, the mother Frigga, and their kids, Hela and Thor. From what Loki understands is that Hela will be going to college next year, and Thor will be going into his last year of highschool next year. He figured that Odin and Frigga weren't ready to have an empty nest, so fostering kids was their solution to not have an empty house.

So there he was, at the airport. Loki would be flying from Salem, Oregon to Knoxville, Tennessee. The wait for the plane felt longer than the flight itself. He put it down to the awkward half-lean he'd contorted himself into. Arms folded, ankles crossed, hip jutting against his tall suitcase. He was about as uncomfortable as any human had ever been, or at least in comparison to everyone else waiting at the gate who'd taken up all the available seats.

The plane thankfully arrived before Loki could draw attention to himself, people lining up to the board. He didn't pay attention to the little performance of the safety instructions the flight attendants always did. He had heard the same speech a million times already, opting to stare out the window instead, letting himself get lost in thought.

Hopefully, the plane crashes into a farm or something, He thought. Then maybe I wouldn't have to deal with all of this anymore.

Before he knew it, Loki felt the plane moving. The plane ride itself was long and tiring, Loki wanting nothing more than to crawl into bed and sleep.

Finally, Loki thought when the announcement came that the plane was about to land. Seven hours is too long for a person to spend in the air. He sat in his seat as the rest of the passengers disembarked, waiting for his turn to stand and collect his luggage. Loki grabbed the two bags he had and walked off the plane.

Loki felt nervous about feeling his new family. His previous family, a very conservative family, didn't take it to well whe they found out that he was gay. The parents of one of his friends cornered him after seeing a bruise peaking out of his shirt, then ended up reporting them. He was removed from the home, and the couple had their fostering licence removed after they got arrested.

After getting off the plane, he went to baggage claim, where he was supposed to meet his new foster family. The journey to baggage claim was as stressful as it had always been. Tourists eager to explore the city, businessmen and women, and people returning home pushed their way through the crowd around him. Loki felt a wave of anxiety as he looked around the bustling crowd. He stood by the conveyor belt, waiting for his bag to circle around. As he waited, he gave the room around him another cursory glance. His eyes focus on a woman clutching a photo. She kept looking at the photo and looking around the room. Loki looked back to the conveyor belt, noticing his duffle bag coming around.

Maybe she's here for me. Loki thought, but quickly changed his mind, thinking that she looks too nice to be there for him. He picked the bag up and headed for the exit, passing the woman with the picture.

"Hey, wait."

Loki ignored the voice, thinking that the woman was calling for someone else, until a hand gently grabbed his shoulder. He turned around to see the woman with the picture. She looked like a homely and kind woman in her mid to late 40s.

"Loki, right?" She asked, her voice held obvious excitement and welcome.

"Yeah." Loki said quietly.

"Well, uhm, I'm Frigga." She said with a smile. "Odin and our kids are at home finishing up your room. Are those all you're clothes?"

She was looking at the duffle bag and the backpack that he had in his hands. The duffle had clothes, and the backpack had some more clothes in it as well as his phone and it's charger.

"Yes." He answers.

"If you want to, we can get you some more." She offered, to which he nodded in response.

After that, Frigga leads him to her car, and load he loads his stuff in the back before sitting in the passengers seat. He disassociated for the entire drive and was only brought back by a gentle shake on his shoulder courtesy of Frigga.

"We're home." She softly spoke with a small smile.

Home. No foster parent of Loki's called their house a home. They would always say we're here then leave it at that. He felt welcomed there. He followed Frigga inside with his stuff in hand. She led Loki upstairs to a room that was booming with laughter. Frigga lightly knocked on the door, causing the laughter to stop. The door was opened by a girl with sharp features, black hair, and green eyes. Loki though she bared a resemblance to him.

"Loki I presume." The girl said with a smile. "I'm Hela. Thor and our Odin are inside your room with me. It's pretty easy to guess who is who."

He walk into his new room. Loki looked around the room for god knows how long, and it was amazing. It was the biggest he has had yet. It looked like they took their guest bedroom, bathroom and all, and painted it in blacks, greens, and golds. It had a shelf of books and a queen sized bed. He felt four pairs of eyes on him as he explored the expanse of his room, taking in every minute detail. He turned to them, all of them as some form of expectancy. He smiled at them.

"Thank you." He told them. "This is the most welcome I have felt in a long time."

Frigga comes over and hugs Loki, catching him off guard. No one really hugged him in his life, not even his parents. He flinched a little, but accepted the hug, enjoying the comforting feeling. Loki let her hold him for a good minute, then she pulled back smiling.

"We will do our best to make you feel welcome here." She promised. "They told us to wait until we know you are comfortable here to actually adopt you, but be welcome to call this place home and us your family."

"Okay." Loki felt safe here. He felt at home.

"Mom?" Hela asked, peaking her head through Loki's bedroom door. "Two things."

"Go ahead."

"One, Thor is getting a tutor for math, and two, can Mobius come over for dinner?"

"I am happy that Thor is finally getting the help he needs, but I'm not so sure about your friend coming over." Frigga said. "Have you finished your homework?"

"Yes, all of it, you can check if you want to." Hela said, rolling her eyes.

"Why do you want him over so much? Is there something you aren't telling me?" Frigga teased.

"For the last time mom, he is gay." Hela groaned, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"He can come over." Frigga agreed, putting a smile on Hela's face. "He's a good kid, I bet he would like you Loki."

------

At around dinner time, there was a knock at the door. No one seemed to notice the knock on the door, so Loki went to open it. He opened the door to an attractive grey haired boy.

"Hi." Loki force out of his mouth to avoid an awkward situation.

"Hi." The boy responded. "I'm Hela's friend, Mobius."

"I'm Loki, the kid their fostering." Loki answered, moving out of the doorway.

Mobius gave Loki a playful wink before entering the house, disappearing into Hela's room.