The Top Paper on the Pile-one shot

Mr. Recelex walked through the halls of his 18 story building. He strolled to his office, where she opened the door and went into his rather large office. The walls were decorated with awards, plaques, and photos. One side of the wall was a glass window that encompassed the entire wall. He went to his desk, sat down in his swivel chair, and relaxed and laid back. He released a breath that he was holding.

"Why do those meetings have to go so long?" he wondered. He sat back up and looked at the pile of papers on his desk. He sighed and got to work filing the papers.

He picked up the first paper on the top of the pile. It had the government symbol on it and in big bold letters, IRS. He glanced over the document and sighed.

"Taxes, huh?" Mr. Recelex figured that he would have to talk to some contacts of his to make sure that he didn't have to pay his taxes and that no one would know that he didn't. He needed all the money he could get to make sure that his plan went as perfectly as it could. He needed to make sure that his plan was executed.

He then glanced at a framed photo on his desk. It was an image of his wife, his daughter, and himself. He was younger then. He was happier too.

Mr. Recelex turned and looked out the window. The sky was a brilliant blue and the clouds were puffy and perfect. It reminded him of all the times with his wife staring at the blue sky. Times when he thought he would spend the rest of his life with his wife in blissful happiness. Times when he was naive and stupid and believed that they could live forever.

He felt some sort of sadness. He ignored the feelings he felt and picked up the phone on his desk. He took a deep breath and shook off the feeling of guilt that he had. When the person picked up, he said,

"Hello. I need you to help me. Change some files for me, won't you? I'll pay you handsomely for it."

The person on the other side replied, "Yeah, I'll do it. How much ya willing to pay me?"

"Well, how much do you want?"

"Huh, you letting me decide the rules today? That's rare. Well, I want 50k for this."

"Hmmm. Okay, you've got yourself a deal. You better do it quickly before they find out."

"Okay, okay, okay! Kinda pushy today, huh. Alright, give me a few days and the IRS won't suspect a thing."
"Thanks. I'll send you the money next time we meet."

"Alright then. Have a nice day then."

"You too."

Mr. Recelex hung up the phone and sat back at his desk. He couldn't get rid of a nagging feeling he felt. He had done it multiple times, but he still felt guilty. He then glanced at the tall stack of papers on his desk. He sighed. One paper down, the rest to go.

Hello! clod_donut here. I haven't been posting a lot lately because of school, but I'm planning to eventually write more random stuff. Until then, enjoy this sequel. Comments and feedback are always appreciated. Have a nice day!