146| What A Drag!

During the day, Shawn and Zoey were sitting at the island in the kitchen. Zoey was looking at wedding dresses while Shawn ate his lunch.

David announced that the wedding was going to be in a couple months. He and Lucy had been planning the wedding non-stop, trying to make it perfect for the engaged couple.

Then all of a sudden the door burst open and Jack and Blake rushed in.

"Where's Eric. Did Luther come here?" Blake asked, concerningly.

"He got him, didn't he?" Jack questioned. He walked over to Shawn and rested his head on his brother's shoulder. "Eric's gone! Oh, no! Oh, poor Eric!"

"He was so young and stupid." Blake whimpered.

"Eric's okay." Zoey told them.

"Oh, good." Blake said quickly, rubbing his hands together. "Well, he's not gonna be okay for long if we don't come up with a plan."

"We gotta come up with something that is very smart." Jack insisted. Eric then walked from the hallway and into the main area in the apartment, wearing a red dress and a brown wig. "Not that."

"Alright, here's what we gonna do." Eric began as he walked down the stairs.

Blake shook his head. "No, no, no. You can do that. Jack and I'd rather die."

"Fine. Die. After your funerals, I'm going shopping." Eric responded simply. He turned to face Shawn. "How do I look, babe?"

"Yes on the dress.... no on the face." Shawn answered honestly.

"What? Too much makeup?" Eric wondered.

"Too much ugly." Zoey replied.

"Eric!" Jack called.

Eric turned around and pointed a finger at his best friends. "Hey, whoa, whoa! It's not Eric. Don't call me Eric. Don't ever call me Eric again."

"So, who are you?" Zoey questioned with a smirk.

"I don't know yet. Let's see...." Eric began. He stood up straight and changed his voice into a foreign accent. "My name is Olga Svetlana. A am a shot-put champion. I don't shave my armpits."

"Eric, you need to find your own inner woman." Shawn told him.

Zoey nodded in agreement. "Trust him, Eric. He had to do this once."

Eric walked over to the mirror on the wall. He stared at himself as he moved his wig around. After a moment, he turned back to face everyone with a little smirk on his face.

"Chantal. Chantal DuBois." Eric announced in a squeaky French accent. "I'm a little French girl and I'm very shy."

Shawn outstretched his hand to Eric. "Enchante, Chantal."

"Oh god." Zoey muttered under her breathe as she watched Shawn and Eric shake hands.

"Now you two." Eric said in his normal voice, pointing between Jack and Blake. He walked over to the couch and pulled two wigs from a bag he had placed. "Jack, you're Lala Nelson. Blake, you're Nora Nelson. You two are trollop. Former drug addicts."

"No." Blake and Jack protested in unison.

Zoey rolled her eyes while Shawn kneeled behind Eric and began fixing the dress.

"There's no way I'm doing this, alright? Can't we just leave town?" Blake wondered.

"We can't leave town. We got midterms all week." Eric replied.

Jack shook his head. "No! No, Blake and I are men! We're staying a man and we're facing him like men!"

Then all of a sudden there was a knock on the door which caused Jack to let out a shriek.

••••

Later in the day, Jack, Shawn and Zoey were in the Student Union, playing Pool. Shawn leaned on the Pool-stick, Zoey rested her chin on his shoulder as they watched as Jack was about to take his shot

"Alright, we got the three ball in the side pocket, hmm." Jack said gruffly as he hit the ball and it rolled in. He looked up to see Shawn staring at him. "What?"

"Why are you talking like that?" Shawn asked.

"What do you mean? I'm a man, alright?" Jack said defensively. "This is how a man talks. This is how a man dresses, this is how a man walks and this right here is how a man shoots sticks, huh?"

"Jack, you're overcompensating." Shawn told him.

"Hey, what are you looking at?!" Jack demanded at a student who was walking by. "You looking at me? You want a piece of me, my friend? Get out of my eyesight!"

"Man! I bet Eric and Blake are readjusting to their manhood better than you." Zoey said.

Eric and Blake walked into the Student Union still dressed up as girls. Zoey's mouth parted in shock as she stared at her brother. Blake wore a blonde wig, had a loose white top that was tucked into a light army green skirt and a pair of brown sandals.

"Hello!" Eric greeted in his French accent.

"Maybe not." Zoey added.

"Hello, you two boys and girl." Blake greeted in an Australian accent.

"Oh, it's such a beautiful day outside, but not nearly as beautiful as me on the inside." Eric said with a smile.

"Guys, we're in the clear. You don't have to be women anymore." Jack reminded.

"I know, but, see, I just discovered how beautiful I was, so I've decided to stay like this forever. It is so satisfying and rewarding to be in touch with one's feminine side." Eric explained before a pretty brunette girl walked by. "Now I'm gonna get in touch with her feminine side, so excuse me." He began chasing after the girl. "Hello, we can be best friends! Oh, come on! Everyone experiments in college!"

Zoey turned to face her brother. "What about you? Why are you dressed as a woman?"

"Like Eric said, everyone experiments in college. It feels so comfortable being a girl. You get couches in our public restrooms. You can get out of anything by blaming PMS, pedicures, you're allowed to cry and you don't have to pay for drinks." Blake explained.

"Well, you can start blaming everything on PMS when you actually get PMS." Zoey told her brother. "When you do, don't coming crying in pain to me."

___________________
PUBLISHED: March 19, 2019
WORDS: 1014