𝒙𝒊. crash and burn

eleven

elevencrash and burn

JUNIPER PREPARED FOR WAR ALONGSIDE THE OMATICAYA. If the sky people wanted to bring destruction to their home, the Na'vi wouldn't stand by and watch it happen—but fight for Hometree. The Vespera girl held a tight grip on the bow she had made when welcomed into the people, taking a shaky breath to recollect herself.

She felt longing eyes stare at her from behind, not daring to turn and give in to the gaze of Jake Sully. Jake and Grace were bound with their arms at their heads, yelling for the Na'vi to leave. Juniper heard them call her name, telling her directly to leave, but the teenager kept her glare on the skies for incoming ships. Adrenaline filled her system.

From the sound of one of the people whipping, Juniper glanced to the side and hissed at the sight of the machinery flying in, "run to the forest! Run!" Jake yelled out, yet the Omaticaya stood their ground, hearing Tsu'tey telling them to have no fear. Juniper was surprised at how she didn't break her bow from how hard she gripped the weapon. The wind coming from the ships that hovered in front of them blew through Na'vi's hair.

Juniper bent down, being smaller in comparison to the rest of the warriors in front, to keep a firm stance. The Sully man's screams increased as Tsu'tey was ordered to take the ikran and attack from above, with the rest of the hunters following after him. Juniper had her bow and arrows ready, waiting for the signal from the Olo'teykan.

The Vespera girl lowered herself down at the sight of gas bombs hurdling towards them from the ship. She glanced back over to the columns of Homtree and watched as the place began to fill up with smoke quickly. Juniper groaned to herself and aimed her bow upwards towards the windows of the ships, letting her arrow go when Etuykan screamed out.

As many arrows they continued to shoot, every single one bounced off from the unbreakable glass. None of the Na'vi quit their fire, remaining to aim at the windows. Juniper squinted her eyes and took her shot—if it weren't for the glass, Juniper swore she would've hit the man seated in between the eyes. But before the teenager knew it, their home was being set aflame.