Chapter Thirteen - Back to Hell

When Nate finally regained consciousness, his vision was a bit fuzzy. Once it finally cleared up, the ebony found himself back in the basement.

Going to move, Nate grew confused. It was like his arms were restricted. Looking up, he saw that his arms were indeed restricted. They were handcuffed to a pipe that ran along the ceiling, the chain of the cuffs looping around the pipe.

"Glad to see you're awake, love"

Nate froze as he heard Matt's voice, "Let me go, Matthew" he hissed harshly.

"Now, why would I do that?" Matt asked as he finally came into view, "You're just going to go to the police, and we can't have that"

"No, I won't," Nate replied, "I won't go to the police." He added, "I promise. Just please, let me go"

"Y'know?" Matt commented, ignoring the ebony's remark, "I didn't want to kill anybody. Their deaths are your fault" he then shrugged, "Sure, I may have pulled the trigger, but it was your fault they came in the first place"

Nate glared at the brunette, "I thought you hired somebody to kill Hunter?"

"I did" Matt replied, "But it was still me who called the shots" he added, "It won't matter, though" He paused, chuckling darkly, "you'd be the one going to jail for it"

Nate's eyes widened, "What?"

"If you went to the police, you'd be arrested for murder" Matt smirked, "your DNA is on the murder weapon"

Nate was stunned. How could his DNA be on the murder weapon? He wasn't even there when Hunter was killed.

"H-how?" was all Nate managed to say.

"It's simple really" Matt shrugged like it was nothing, "I told the guy to wear gloves and then gave him the gun that you keep in the safe" He then went over and cupped Nate's cheek with a smirk, "I told you, love" he laughed lightly, "I already got away with this"

Nate immediately pulled his head away, an icy cold glare in his eyes, "fuck off" He spat, venom dripping from his words.

Matt only laughed as he took a step back, "Is that any way to talk to the one you love?"

"You're psycho if you think I still love you after everything you did"

Matt let out a laugh that sent a chill down the ebony's spine, "Maybe I am" He replied, "But you'll come to love me again, don't you worry about that"

With that, the brunette walked off, leaving the basement before closing and locking the door behind him.

Nate immediately began struggling against the handcuffs, trying to twist and pull his hands out of the metal loops.

A soft groan caused Nate to freeze, pausing to see if his mind was playing tricks on him, or if it was real.

The latter was soon confirmed as another soft groan was heard.

"Hello?" Nate called out, "Who's there?"

"Nate?" The ebony barely heard his name being said, "Nate is that y-you..?"

"Depends on who's asking" Nate replied

"Nate it's me, Steph"

The ebony's eyes widened, "Steph?" he asked. He then shook his head, "No, Steph is dead.. I heard her scream and the gun go off"

There was a moment of silence before a low grunt was heard, "It's me Nate" the voice replied before the ebony saw a figure approaching.