a blessing in disguse

It was a hard day for izuku midoriya, with only 6 words his world was destroyed. "Sorry kid it's not gonna happen." Too make it worse when he looked for help from his only source of warmth in this dark crushing hour, his own mom cried. "I'm sorry Izuku!"

It was now midnight, his poor little eyes were red and irritated from all the crying. He desperately wanted to be a hero, to be his mom's hero. So he defied his need for sleep and snuck out of bed.

"Maybe some water will help." Izuku sniffed.

He walked out into the living room and discovered something that broke his little heart even more...if that was even possible.

It was his mom, she was sleeping on the couch, a laptop that she used for work was on the coffee table.

"Mama?" Izuku whispered in confusion, after all the woman never slept out in the living room before. He walked over and saw the laptop screen was still on.

So he went to close it but the words on the search bar caught his eye.

So he tried to read it out, by whispering the sounds that the letters make like they taught him in school.

"Can. Your. Body. Get. A quirk. If. You. Have. An. Extra. Joint. In. Your. Pinke. Toe, oh..."

He was sad that he made his mom worry all because he wasn't normal.

'remember what miss aki said in school. sometimes when you're hoping for help, try praying, if nothing else it will calm your nerves'

So the boy nodded and lightly smacked his cheeks in re-determination 'right! for mama!' He quietly...closed the laptop and went back to his room and grabbed his all might blanket. Then went and covered his mom up and kissed her forehead and whispered.

"Don't worry anymore mama, i'll be a hero and protect you."

And he then ran back to his room and dragged his desk chair out to climb the desk and open the bedroom window.

"Phew, okay maybe the angels will hear me better out here, after all phones work better outside!"

The young boy closed his hands like the prayers he saw his classmate Shiro did when they ate in the playground.

"Ex-excuse me mr angel. My name is Izuku, Izuku Midoriya. I know i probably don't deserve this, but i heard your boss can grant miracles sometimes if you've been good."

The four year old took a breath to steady his nerves. After steadying himself he continued.

"Can you ask him if i can get a quirk? It doesn't have to be something special like kachan or all might. I can work with anything, my mom needs to be protected. She's so special and has raised me all by herself, and all i do is go on about being a hero yet she listens all the same."

He chuckled in amazement at his mom's amazing and kind nature.

"I hope you can tell him i asked, love you goodnight."

The boy opened his eye's and looked at the stars for a moment.

He then noticed something out of the ordinary.

A single red spider was on his window sill. "Oh, hello!" The boy wasn't scared of spiders like most kids were, so he reached out and picked it up in his hands.

"You'll have to sleep in here tonight, the weather man said it would rain and that can hurt you being as small as you are."

The boy carried the arachnid over to his all might action figure.

"Here, all might will protect you until the sun rises. Don't worry he doesn't misunderstand people like us"

The spider then bit his hand.