152| She's Having My Baby Back Ribs

Later in the day, Shawn and Cory leaned against the coffee shop counter, waiting for their order. Across the room, Shawn watched his fiancée eating a slice of pizza.

Shawn had never loved a person the way he loved Zoey. She was the reason he got up every mourning and why he smiled more and more. Without her, there is no happiness or meaning in this world. For she is that bright sunshine that helps, mends, and brings joy into his life. He wanted to grow old with her and never stop loving her.

Shawn didn't care what other says all he knew is that Zoey and him were meant to be. The wedding was in a few weeks, and according to David and Lucy everything was almost ready.

"Is she gorgeous or what?" Shawn beamed as he watched his fiancée eating pizza. "I tell you, Cor, I could watch that girl eat pizza forever. I mean, I like everything wonderful thing we do. Every... wonderful... thing."

"I get it, Shawnie, cause you tell me every... wonderful... day." Cory responded.

••••

Next morning, Shawn popped his head up on his elbows in bed as he watched Zoey across the room. She was standing in front of a mirror, looking at her face with a frown.

"Do you think I'm attractive?" Zoey wondered.

"Of course I do. Come here, I'll prove it." Shawn insisted with a smirk.

Zoey turned to face him nervously. "You love me no matter what?"

"Yeah, what's going on?" He wondered curiously.

"Nothing." She answered quickly. "Nothing's going on."

With that, Zoey walked into the bathroom and began getting dressed for today.

"I know what it is." Shawn said.

"You do?" Zoey asked.

"Yes. You haven't had your morning stack of waffles slathered in butter and swimming in syrup, right?" Shawn questioned as he got out of bed and leaned against the chest of drawers.

"No." Zoey replied as she walked out of the bathroom, struggling to zip her jeans. "I'm not really hungry this morning."

"What?" Shawn asked in disbelief. "Wait a minute... You don't want sex. You're not hungry. Zo, you're starting to scare me."

"I'm feeling a little bit nauseous this morning." Zoey admitted as her fingers slipped on the zipper. "Why can't I zip up these pants?!"

"Because they're mine." Shawn told her simply.

Zoey's mouth parted in shock. "Oh, no. I've gotta go."

Shawn watched worryingly as Zoey raced out of the room.

••••

Shawn had invited Cory over. The two best friends were in bed together. Shawn tapped his fingers on his as he tried to figure out why Zoey was acting so weird this morning, while Cory sat beside him, eating a stack of waffles that was slathered in butter and swimming in syrup.

"I don't understand. These are fabulous! They're so light, so fluffy!" Cory exclaimed as he continued eating the waffles.

"You don't have to tell me that." Shawn responded. 'What the heck's going on?"

"Let's try to figure this out." Cory insisted. "She's tired, no appetite..."

"Cranky." Shawn added.

".... nauseous and couldn't fit into your pants." Cory finished.