Cheat the Oath

DISCLAIMER: !!THIS IS NOT ACCURATE IN THE WAY A REAL MURDER CASE WOULD BE HANDLED AND EVERYTHING IS FICTION!!

Vincent sighed and furrowed his eyebrows, "What do you think Tina?" he turned his head to look at his partner.
Tina shook her head. "I don't understand?"
They walk out of the gloomy, dark room and towards their car.
"Just another case to solve," Vincent groaned as he got into the drivers side.
Tina nodded and got in the car. "Yep, hopefully this one will be a piece of cake."

Vincent and Tina walked into the building with sealed packages in their hands. They walked to the examination room and pushed open the door after putting the code in. "Hey pretty boy~" Vincent called out jokingly.
Dante rolled his eyes. "So what do you guys have for me today?"

Tina laughed at them, "Well, we have some evidence we need you to examine and get back to us as soon as possible."

Dante nodded and rolled over in his chair towards Vincent and Tina before grabbing the bags and rolling back towards his desk. He placed the evidence down on the table in front of him. "I'll have it back to you guys in no more than two days," he declared as he slipped gloves onto his hands, "I'll get it started now."
Vincent gave Dante a thumbs up, "Alright, see you later!"
Dante waved his hand. "Yeah yeah..see you," he said lazily.

Tina looked down as they left the room. "Don't you think he's acting a bit weird?"
Vincent hummed as they left the building after clocking out. He stuffed his hands into his pockets as he lowered his head into his scarf while tiny snowflakes fell onto his short blonde hair. He shrugged, "He's probably just tired," Vincent smiled as he looked into her dark brown eyes, "don't think about it too much."

They walked into a restaurant and got seated. "It's on me and don't you dare argue with me about it." Vincent said.
Tina laughed and nodded, "So you wouldn't mind if I ordered a 12oz Filet Mignon?" Vincent staggered, "We-well lets not go too overboard-" he got cut off.
"Gosh, I'm just kidding!" Tina exclaimed, laughing at Vincent. About half an hour later, the waiter came back with their food. As they're eating they start to talk about what they should do the next time they hangout. Tina smiled. "We should go ice skating!"
Vincent tilted his head to the side, "Tina I hate to break it to you, but neither of us know how to ice skate and we'd probably end up hurting ourselves."

Tina huffed, "Yeah..you're right about that." she crossed her arms, "Then what should we do?"
Vincent looked away, "Maybe we could go investigate some crime scenes?" He laughed as Tina rolled her eyes playfully.
"That is the next time we hangout." She chuckled.

The next day. Vincent entered the sturdy brick building with coffee in hand. He went to Dante's office and entered it. He tilted his head as he stared at Dante as he had flinched when he walked in. "You alright?" Vincent asked while Dante was quickly putting something away.
"Yeah, yep!" Dante turned around as he laughed awkwardly, "What do you need?"
Vincent hummed and walked over to Dante's desk and leaned on it, leaning his face closer to his, "You sure everything is alright?" he asked, staring Dante in the eyes.
Dante could barely hold eye contact, "Mhm.."

Vincent hummed and leaned away taking a sip of his coffee. "Hm, okay.. anyway, do you have any of the evidence done?" Dante pursed his lips as Vincent continued, "because you're usually do-" Dante cut him off, "It's gone."
Vincent choked on his coffee, "Wait what?! What do you mean it's GONE?"
Dante shrugged softly, "It was all here yesterday, but when I came in today. It was gone."

Vincent stared at him, "How are you so calm about this?! That was very important evidence and the main leads that we had to finding the culprit!"
Dante looked away, "I'll try to find it, but I've already looked everywhere."
Vincent breathed deeply and he stared at Dante with his piercing blue eyes before closing them in frustration, "Right. Bye then." He walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. "How could it possibly just disappear.." he turned around to glance at the door, "Tina is right, he is acting weird."