153| How Cory and Topanga Got Their Groove Back

Tonight, most of the group were going out to the Blue Room which was a nightclub. Everyone was dressed all fancy. Zoey wore black jeans, silver crop top and black combat boots along with Shawn's leather jacket over her shoulders.

Shawn had his arm around Zoey's waist as they followed the group into the Student Union, towards the couch where Cory and Topanga sat.

"Were are Jack and Eric?" Rachel wondered.

"You know, we gotta get going, because this place is gonna be packed." Angela pointed out.

"I bet you anything we're waiting because of Jack and his hair." Shawn muttered.

"Where are you guys going?" Topanga asked, curiously.

"The Blue Room." Zoey answered.

"Oh, I hate that place." Cory said in disgust. "Loud music, tight clothing, wild dancing."

"Yeah, why would we ever want to go there?" Blake wondered sarcastically.

Zoey rolled her eyes as the group walked to the coffee shop and ordered what they wanted. When they got their drinks, they all walked back to the couch.

"I like dancing." Topanga told her husband.

"So why don't you come with us?" Zoey asked.

"Because we have other plans tonight, or did we forget about watching the Doyle Quintuplets on twenty-twenty?" Cory replied, giving a pointed look at his wife.

Topanga shrugged her shoulders. "We can tape it."

Cory shook his head. "No, no, no taping it is just not the same, Topanga."

"Okay, fine. Then we can watch it and go with them afterwards." Topanga said.

"At eleven pm?!" Cory questioned in disbelief.

Topanga sighed and turned to her friends. "You guys go and have fun."

"Okay. You wouldn't really have fun anyway. It's not your scene." Shawn said, wrapping an arm around Zoey's shoulder as they walked out of the Student Union.

••••

The next day, Angela, Rachel, Shawn and Zoey gathered on the couches in the Student Union. Shawn grabbed onto Zoey's hand and gently tugged her forward to sit on his lap. She couldn't help but chuckle as she leaned her head against his shoulder while he slid an arm around, resting it on her thigh.

"Come to our party." Cory insisted, passing everyone a fliers.

"What party?" Angela asked.

Zoey grabbed the yellow piece of paper and read it. "'Cory and Topanga's we are out of our rut rip roaring party party."

"Cake, ice cream, games, surprises." Angela added, reading the fliers.

"Hey, Cor, what's with the party?" Shawn wondered.

"What, a couple of people like us can't throw a hoedown?" Cory wondered, dancing awkwardly before passing Shawn a fliers. "Read this."

"You are out of your rut. That sounds good. Congratulations." Shawn commented.

"Alright! I want all you kids to wear your tassels and your leather and your get-up and such, and I will see you all tonight!" Cory exclaimed excitedly.

Rachel's eyes widen. "Tonight?"

"Yes, tonight, Saturday night." Cory confirmed. "I know I've been out of the loop for a while, but isn't that the night y'all rabble rouse?"