where am i?

I sat staring up at the bold letters on the wall near the ceiling.
"THE END".
What did it mean?
Why was it there?
The end of what?
When was the beginning?
Wait... how did I get here?
I looked around in a panic, seeing nothing but empty shelves.
I can't remember anything. Who am I? Where am I? What is this place?
The lights buzzed with their fluorescent hum, the brightness hurting my eyes when I looked right at them.
That's when I noticed the sketchbook sitting to my right. I lunged for it as if I was fighting with someone who was trying to take it.
The cover had random circles stamped all over it, with the same THE END text in red over the circles. I hesitantly opened the book, seeing a sticky note on the first page with writing on it.
If you're reading this, it means that the loop is still going. You remember, then you forget. Simple as that. Only it's not. There are things here, things that will kill you if you see them. There's a blindfold taped to the back of this page. Wear it. But finish reading this first. Turn the page.
You must listen to me very carefully. If you don't do exactly what I say, you will die. You have to try and break the loop. By the time you've finished reading this, they'll know where you are. You don't have much time. The Library keeps track of the days and nights. A day is 10 hours, and a night is 6. When the lights turn on, signaling day, read the next page. Do not read ahead. I have read ahead, and that resulted in his death. You have to break the loop. Take the blindfold and run. Do not stop when you hear footsteps behind you. Do not listen to his voice. The Library will guide you. It is your only ally. Run. It's behind you, now. Don't. Look. -X
The fear and confusion were overwhelming my brain. I closed the sketchbook, taking the blindfold and tying it around my eyes. I was unable to see, but the only thing I could trust right now was the book. So I turned to the left and ran. As the book predicted, I heard thimping footsteps behind me, running at the sane pace as me.
My breathing got faster as I sped up, clutching the book in my hands like it was my own child. I slowed down, not being able to hear the footsteps anymore.
"It's okay to look." A voice called out in a whispy tone. It was a boy's voice. He couldn't have been any older than 10.
Do not listen to his voice.
I trust the book. It's the only thing I have to trust.
"You have to look." The child's voice called out once more.
"No!" I yelled, my voice cracking and coming out like a croak, "No! I won't trust you!"
The voice never came again.
There was a faint buzz that lasted only for a second, then the lights flicked off.
"It is okay to look. They are not allowed in the night." A woman's voice called from directly in front of me. I wasn't sure whether to trust her or not.
"Who are you?" I asked, my voice quiet.
"I am the holographic projection of the conciousness of the Library." The woman said.
The Library will guide you. It is your only ally.
I lifted up the blindfold to see a glowing blue orb floating in front of me.
"Hello. I am the Library." It said, spinning around me a couple times before stopping in its starting position.
"Why are you here?" I questioned, holding the sketchbook and blindfold close to my chest.
"The monsters aren't allowed to come out at night. I am not allowed to come during the day. It is the laws of THE END." The Library spoke.
"But you're the Library. Can't you change the rules?" I asked her.
"No. That is not how this works. You must sleep. I will watch over you during your rest. If you don't sleep, they will surely catch you tomorrow." The orb floated closer to the ground as I sat down.
"Okay." I laid down and rested my head on the floor. It was uncomfortable, but my body was thankful to get even the slightest bit of rest.