prologue

Hi, it's Kat. Just wanted to say before the fic gets started that I've never written Alein!Hux before so please be patient with me. I definitely didn't come up with the idea, but it seemed interesting enough for me to write something cool. If your new to my fic's, how I write Hux is somewhat different than in the movies. I tend to write him a lot softer (but still Hux) compared to actual canon. I decided to go with almost a giddy-like Hux for his characterization in this fic. He's not overly annoying I promise, he still has some of that anger/murder instincts, but I also wrote him as really liking the experience of getting out there on his own, In his true form. Kylo will also be sweet and a little sassy, but this is all from Hux POV. Also, there will be light uses of racism (for Alein's) and references to sexual assault and sexual pleasure (Only when Hux is in his natural form/Alien form). I respect if it's not your jam, but I swear my other Fics don't contain these undertones so maybe go check those out. I'm really excited to write this story and I really hope you all like it. I don't know when updates will be, but I will post all updates on Twitter @AvengerKat. Much luv to you all and hope you enjoy! (;

Hux sighed as he looked at his monitor, sending off the last report for the day. Phasma and her Troopers had just finished a mission on Narvana 5, which unfortunately meant he had to read report after report on how Narvana 5 was secured. It was the same every time, civilian casualties, trooper casualties, the list went on. It was a moon just off of Naboo and had a gracious number of crystals the Order could use for weapon ammunition. Hux had argued with Snoke that they could negotiate with the people, offer them protection and refuge from the New Republic, but he had scoffed, telling Hux to just kill whoever didn't comply. Hux thought it was a waste of resources. The amount of firepower and casualties from the trooper, it seemed pointless, but who was he to argue with the Supreme Leader.

Thankfully though, by the graces of the Supreme Leader, he had approved Hux's time off. His shore leave. He was surprised to say the least, not having taken a shore leave since he had been given the rank of General. He had never been one to stop working, but with the steady development of Starkiller and the thorn in his side that was his Co-Commander, he thought he could give himself a small break.

Excited couldn't begin to describe how he was feeling. It was the first time in ten years he would be planet side for no reason other than pleasure. Eating real food that wasn't made by droids. Real people who weren't programmed to obey him at all times. To be able to breathe the fresh air, smell the fresh ocean salt. Part of him even hoped that maybe he could meet someone. Someone that could like the real Hux. He smiled, looking down at his hand which was already starting to turn. He had been in his human form for most of the day, if only he could take a break and-

Before he could finish his thought, he heard a Ping at the door. He quickly shoved his hand in his leather glove, which agitated his skin, but he only tried to calm himself down and make sure he wasn't showing. He mentally hit himself for daydreaming so arrogantly. He was still in his office for kriff's sake.

Only a couple more days

He smoothed out his hair one last time before pressing a button from his desk which opened the door. The door swished open, revealing none other than Ren trucking into his office. Ren stared at him with his helmet and Hux had to stop himself from starring right back. A child in a mask.

"General, I came to let you know I will be leaving with my Knights. I should be back within three days. I will meet with you when I return." Ren said, crossing his arms. He was wearing his stupid helmet, so Hux had no idea if he was even looking at him.

"Actually, I will not be here when you return. If you read the briefing I sent to you, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I timed it perfectly, so we won't have to see each other. I expect you to take care of my ship when you return while I'm gone. I'm sure Lieutenant Mitaka can help you if you have any questions." Hux said, not holding back his smirk. It was wrong to use Mitaka like this, but it made his point even more clear. If Ren did a fine job with the ship, then Hux didn't have to fix what he messed up while he was gone, and if he didn't, Hux could always tell Snoke and make Ren's life worse, which sometimes gave him more joy than the prospect of shore leave.

"The Great General taking a break? Too much strain  on that small body of yours. I hope you know when I do leave the ship it is to work, although you just sit in a chair all day so I guess you wouldn't understand. What does the General do on his Shore leave? Terrorize innocents, look out for new worlds to conquer and people to exploit. Sounds quite fun, sad I get to miss it." Hux could tell Ren was smirking back at him without even having to see his face, which only riled Hux up more.

Hux was almost surprised that Ren thought him so cruel. It almost hurt, but the anger and the need to defend himself took over. "If you read my notice, you wouldn't be so surprised. But of course, you can't read, can you? What I do in my leisure time is none of your business. But I can assure you it has nothing to do with you."

Kylo laughed, seemingly happy with himself with the outcome. As if the overgrown man wasn't the one to barge into his office and start a conversation. Hux looked to his monitor, a retreat, not wanting to continue the conversation.

"Hmm. Well, I must thank you for taking the time off. I'm sure the crew and I will have a nice break from all your meddling. They will have a shore leave of their own. I'll unfortunately see you when you get back." With that Ren left through the door, not waiting for Hux to respond.

Hux glared at the closed door in anger. That child. He was the General. Of course his crew would miss him.... well maybe not miss him perse, but at least notice he wasn't there. He shook those thoughts away, remembering himself. Ren was trying to mess with him, but Hux had always been smarter. He had never been one to get praise for doing anything, and he wasn't about to expect it now. Ren would never understand that.

Super excited about this Fic. I've always found the prospect of Hux being Alein fascinating. With Star Wars being such a big universe of different species, I saw the opportunity and took it. I saw this character design on twitter a couple of months ago and at first, I literally thought it was Hux lol. @Vrihedd_art is an amazing artist, and you should really check them out and give them a follow. Anyway, I'll kind of explain the design in chapter 1, but I thought a visual might help. I'm really excited to see where this story goes. Hope you all enjoy.

-also, I know Kylo is a bit of a bitch this chapter, but I swear he gets proper development

-also, I know Kylo is a bit of a bitch this chapter, but I swear he gets proper development. This entire story will be Hux's POV but Kylo will get some nice moments as well, don't worry.