Ma'Neteyam

The stars shone as usual. Countless of them scattered across the vast sky. The water, as usual, swayed slightly. She rested after the day's worries. And it seems that the whole universe is with her. All of Pandora was going to rest. Like always. As if nothing in this world has changed. Nothing happened. Aonung watched the endless expanse of water silently. He was out of his mind to think that the whole world allowed himself to behave like this. As if Neteyam's death were a small thing. As if it wasn't something that should stop time, stop all lights, stop all water, turn the whole earth upside down. Because that's exactly how Aonung felt. It's like everything has collapsed. Delicate fragments he had so painstakingly collected one by one. No, which they lifted. Neteyam always said "we". From the moment they kissed that evening on the shore. It was almost an accident. It could hardly mean anything. But the next morning they were swimming together. That's what Teyam told his father when he asked where they were. Aonung was sensitive to these changes. Who else should have felt the slightest elemental changes. And that element was now his. here all his life, as if he didn't have a curved tail and his arms aren't weak for swimming Aonung couldn't outrun him on land, but he could in the water.However, that didn't save them. He never caught up. He didn't even come close. Now Neteyam was too far away. Now he was an element that Aonung would never be tamed, captured, never conquered. To be honest, he wasn't used to it. Always victory and always happiness in one form, he could not bear it. And despair choked him. He didn't have time to call Neteyam his. He couldn't be stopped once. Hell, Aonung has almost nothing left of that forest boy. Everything he, what they collected together - are just memories. And most of the time, Aonung only remembered yelling at him, making fun of him, fighting him. They only had a few moments. They had so unfairly little time. He even envied his family. They had much more memories of his Neteyama. Aonung would give anything to kiss him one more time, to be with him for a few more long moments, to look at his beaming smile, to touch his hand so gently that she would feel him squeeze his hand gently, and to walk across the beach with him by your side. Aonung lost count of how many times he asked Eywe not to take Neteyama away from him that day. But she had no mercy. He was already sailing where he could connect with her, where he could connect with memories. With him. Mostly with him. Eywa was deaf to Aonung's pleas. So he allowed himself to see the only thing left of him and Neteyam.That evening as they both lay on the sand and watched the light sink into the water. They just had a stupid competition to see who can stay underwater longer. Aonung was sure he would win until Neteyam smiled at him. Then there was a critical lack of oxygen, and the heart was beating like crazy. And on land I had to listen to what a loser he was and how ashamed he was. He couldn't lose to Neteyam.But now he was laughing to the side, and it was probably worth the loss. Aonung could listen to that laugh ringing like spring rain forever. Turning his head, he gazed happily for a moment, surrounded by the last rays, Neteyama's profile.

-"Beautiful"- I thought then. He wanted to turn away, but at that moment Neteyam looked at him. His beautiful eyes. Aonung could talk about how many unknowns were hidden in them for days. There were memories of the forest, of the family home, of what the water boy didn't know. The endless, untamed and dangerous forests of Pandora. And they were beautiful at it. There, in those eyes, were the sufferings of those forests that people brought from heaven. Aonung didn't understand then. I didn't understand how painful it was for Netey to lose, to see his family home destroyed. Aonung had no idea what kind of danger, destruction, and loss the sky people brought. And he understood only when Neteyama was taken away from him. They had destroyed the one thing he loved so sincerely and hopelessly. But that evening, Aonung only thought about the beautiful smile, the beautiful eyes opposite, the light touch of Neteam's fingers on his cheek, the salty taste of his lips.Light, barely perceptible touch. But how much did he mean to them then? It seemed to Aonung that his entire universe was then concentrated in one na'vi. All he could think about was the rapid beating of his heart, the words that had flowed so easily out of his mouth:

-I see you-Aonung was only thinking about Neteyama then. And now he was only thinking of him. And always will be. Because there are too few left to lose even that. Aonung wiped the tears from his face several times already, but his cheeks were still wet and everything in front of his eyes was blurry. He didn't notice at first how the water, which reflected the entire canvas of the sky, swayed even more. He thought he was dreaming when someone appeared above the waves. And after rubbing his eyes again, he thought. Neteyam. True. Radiant. Beautiful. His Neteyam was coming out of the water. He slowly disembarked, came closer, and looked so real that his chest stung.

-Oh, Eywa, what are you doing with me...- he said, unable to control himself. He jumped up and ran to his dream, his Neteyama. He was still knee-deep in the water and only stretched out his arms to hug him.

- You... Neteyam, did she bring you back? He turned you to me? Ma'Neteyam-Aonung couldn't hold back tears as he hugged him.

-I'm with her already- his forest boy whispered back.Aonung woke up in the morning on the same coast. His delirium, his only torment...

-Neteyam...- he whispered, holding back sobs and covering his face with his hands.

- What? I am right here. - that warm voice, that worried look... Aonung hugged him. Again.

-Eywa won't take you from me anymore?- he asked fearfully.

-She brought me back because you begged. She brought me back so we could be close again.- Neteyam whispered reassuringly in his ear. Aonung didn't understand what was illusion and what was real, but he was so calm. Where Neteyam is, it's peaceful. His Neteyam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1095 words in total]

==========================================================================================

I apologize for any mistakes and feel free to point them out to me! I hope you like it :) Have a nice night/day!!!

....................................................................................................................................................................................Of course, the arts are not mine but if I find the authors, I will add them because I don't remember anymore :)