It all starts at the beginning

I woke up on October 5th to the sun blinding me. I had always loved waking up that way, it was definitely one of the better options that I could think of. I didn't realize that I had accidentally fallen asleep into a light slumber again, but I knew I had to get up shortly. Although for a while I did roll around in bed pondering wether or not I should actually get up. But, spoiler alert I ended up getting up, and it was dreadful. At least for a while.

I lifted the warm sheets that I never wanted to separate myself from off my body, and slowly sat up off my bed. I felt the cool floor boards against my feet immediately as I walked to the bathroom down the hall. As I was entering the small room  I tried to think of what was happening that day. My brain was still foggy from waking up but eventually I remembered that it was my best friend Nadia's birthday!! Of course how could I ever forget.

Nadia my beloved dark haired, goofy friend who has always there for me was turning 18 today. I recalled the year we truly started
being friends, 3rd grade. We used every possible opportunity on the weekends to have sleepovers, and her always trying to convince me to watch her favorite horror movies. It never worked because I was always to afraid to watch them, but I look back on those memories a lot. Mostly because I'm not afraid of them anymore and we watch them together often now. Oh, and then there was Art club, we used to always make each other gifts no matter what the task was. How, I missed Art club so much. It's too bad our High School doesn't offer it.

I hadn't realized how long I had sat there reconciling on old memories until I checked the time. CRAP. It's 12:00 p.m. The party was at 2:00 and I had only just woke up. I needed to start getting ready soon and fast, so I did. I quickly got undressed and turned on the shower to a warm comfy temperature. I can not stand cold showers. Before I stepped in the shower I thought of what I was going to wear but nothing popped in my head yet. I grabbed my shampoo bottle and gently massaged the liquid onto my scalp and washed it off. Then, I grabbed the body wash from the same brand as the shampoo and made sure I had everything nice and clean. The last thing I wanted to be was the smelly person at the party. I brushed my teeth and washed my face thoroughly before finally turning off the faucet. Before I knew it I was walking to my closet with a soft towel wrapped around my body and my still wet hair dripping on the floor. I gave up on the idea of wearing anything fancy so I just decided on wearing my go-to outfit, AKA a simple band t-shirt and some jeans. I slipped that on and picked out the jewelry that I would wear. I ended up picking out my favorite gold necklace with a moon charm, assorted rings, and the pair of dainty gold hoops my mom had gotten me a while ago.

Then I made my way from the closet to my vanity to do my hair and makeup. After I sat down on the rickety vanity chair I swiftly tied my hair into a messy bun and put a headband on to prevent my baby hairs from getting in the way. Just as I was about to start applying my makeup my phone rang, lighting up my phone was the name "Nods 🫶🏻" As I answered my ears were greeted with a  sweet "Hey Gen!" I greeted her back just as kindly as she had done before and told her that I was getting ready. She told me how excited she was for the party and that she could not wait to see me. I smiled as we continued our conversation, and eventually ended it so I could continue getting ready, and she could continue getting ready for the party.

For makeup I decided on my usual simple but nice look. I applied some concealer on my blemishes, a peachy blush, a warm toned brown eyeshadow, Burt's bees chapstick, and finished it up with some clear brow gel and mascara. For hair I got out my flat iron, plugged it in, and turned the medium heat setting on. Then I took my hair out of the bun it was in awhile ago and took off the thin headband. While I waited for the iron to warm up enough I sprayed heat protectant evenly on my light brown hair, and sectioned my hair into four equal parts. After a while, the flat iron was finally warm enough, so I pressed it on my hair until there was no wavy hair in sight. After I was done straightening it I brushed my hair and put a clip in my now smooth hair. Before I knew it I was completely done. I quickly put on my deodorant, and my favorite perfume I had been using for years that had a lovely amber smell to it.

I had just enough time to wrap the limited edition Nirvana vinyl I had gotten her for her birthday. Before I finished taping the wrapping paper I slid the card in that I had written a nice, thoughtful message in. I slipped on my black high top converses and put on a light coat (because the cool autumn winds had finally arrived.) I also double checked that I had everything I needed and that I looked good enough. Before I stepped out the door my mom told me to say "Happy Birthday" to the birthday girl for her. I walked out to my car and turned the key in the ignition to start the five minute drive from my house to Nadia's.

——————————————————————
A/N
Hey guys that was the first chapter, I hoped you liked it!! :) I know it's short but I'm working on making longer chapters. It's funny because Genevieve has absolutely noooo idea what's coming hehe