Prologue

I sit here in the quiet of my new home, my hand resting gently on my growing belly, talking to you, my sweet unborn child. I know you can't hear me yet, but I need to tell you about the journey that led me to this moment.

I have made the decision to leave my old life behind and start anew, far away from the social media, family, and toxic relatives that weighed me down. I have been struggling with depression, but I know that with you by my side, I can face any challenge that comes my way.

I know you may not understand why I chose to have you on my own, without a partner by my side. But I hope that one day, you will understand that my love for you is all I need to be happy and fulfilled. I have kept some things about your conception a secret, but I want you to know that I did it all out of love for you, my precious child.

As I look forward to the day I will hold you in my arms, I can't help but dream of all the adventures we will have together. I hope that you will be kind, like me, and that you will be surrounded by love and understanding throughout your life. I promise to always be there for you, to guide you, to support you and to love you unconditionally.

I know that the path ahead will not be easy, but I am ready to face it with you by my side. I can't wait to meet you, my dear child.

With all my love, Iris Azreal Afable.