CHAPTER 1 Love At First Sight

HEATHER JONES

Gosh, is schools always this cramped? I squeezed myself through the crowd as I made my way towards my first class. As you all know today's my first day at school at Linoln High in Los Angeles. I was pretty nervous to even enter the school. I flew all the way here from England just about two months ago. All I can say is that, America is somewhere I never really intended to be in. I was originally from the United Kingdom.

I was used to my accent, being in a place close to the royal family and also the people around me. The first day at Los Angeles, California didn't really go as I'd planned, there was a massive jam and Mom spent almost a day looking for our new apartment. I wouldn't say 'apartment' because when we arrive to our destination, my jaw nearly dropped to the size of the place. I was certainly aware when Mom told us we were getting a larger place to stay, but I wasn't imaginning it to be this huge. Me and Henry never really lived in a house this big before. I'm aware that Mom recently got a new promotion at her job and a growing business.

Dad.

I miss him so much. Spending even a thousand years with him would never be enough for me. He was kind, caring and thoughtful to me, Henry and Mom. Three of us loved him very much and would always celebrate his birthday even if he's not here with us anymore. I love Dad and he's the best Dad I or anyone could've ever asked for. Dad wouldn't spend much time with me and Henry because at that time Mom didn't have a job and Dad was trying he's very best to help the family and that enables us to still have a shelter above us.

Everything that happened was always because of that. If it wasn't for that our family would probably starve to death or be living on the streets.

The day of Dad's passing was the worst day of my life. I felt as if my whole life had been shattered right in front of me.

My heart had just been crushed and there's nothing anyone could do about it. I was in so much pain. But Mom. She was suffering even more. She and Dad have spend twelve years together and when Dad passesd, she felt as if their twelve years had just been snatched away from her. Seeing my Henry crying for the first time made my heart melt. No one's love for Dad was more than my family's love for him. Thinking of the past made my tears start to water. No, Hailey. No crying in school, especially on the first day.
Seating at the back of the class was something.

I have been doing all my life in school. Sitting at the back of class could be really tough for someone to focus at and there are also many disadvantageous as told and shared by people. But for me, sitting at the back of class is the best choice anyone could've made. I could see everything clearly from here and teachers voice could echo all the way here.
Ms Everyl.

She walked into class.
Her eyes filled with joy. Well of course I had absolutely no idea or no clue who anyone around me was including Ms Everyl. But I've watched movies telling us that always judge a teacher by its cover. I mean how could this teacher standing in my class right now, writing 'Ms Everyl on the board, wearing a cute corp top along with a matching pleated skirt be fierce?
I guess if the teachers nice then there's no problem at all. But why would the school assign a nice teacher to a 8th Grade classroom. Normally 8 graders would be assign a strict teacher. But like I said, different places are different at least classes won't be scary.
"Class, I'm Ms Everyl and I'm your teacher this year whether you like it or not."
" Please cooperate with me take out a writing note book,"
Well that wasn't warm and friendly like. She sounds really strict and rude. Well I guess the Movie was wrong. I really had my hope up for a nice teacher. I guess I'll just have to cope with reality. Thank God I brought my note book. Well that's about the only thing I bought to Lincoln, well of course with some stationary. I bend down unzip my brand new fluffy mini bag in the shade of slightly lightish pink. I grabbed the book and decided to yank it out. Oh. Shit. A tred was hooked on my note book and because my bag was really light, my bag flew towards the direction I was pulling my book.
"What the-"
Not. Good. Before I knew it, it was as if I threw my bag. I felt a hit. The sound of something knocking on something. Complicated. Let's just say, I accidentally hit someone with my bag. On the first day of school? Not good, so uncool. Why? Why does it have to be today? I looked up trying to face the victim who just got bagged in the face.