My path

Every person has a path they follow. Each path is unique, no one knows what you'll encounter on it, nor what the end holds for you. But one thing is certain every path ends the same way.

The path you follow might be a long journey filled with all kinds of exciting events. or perhaps a short and boring trip. Yet, everyone can just leave their path to reach the end at once. Though many will tell you that it's not worth it and that you just have to keep going for a bit.

What was my path like?
I do not know when I started walking down my path, the only thing I remember is that it has always been dark. I stumbled around not knowing where I was going, blindly walking until I reached something. It was cold, my feelings died off to the freezing wind that surrounded me. Every step I took was filled with pain from the sticks and stones stabbing and scratching my bare feet. My stomach started to digest itself, as it was never satisfied. Tired I forced myself to keep walking, while the idea of just laying on the ground and sleeping was growing stronger.

Eventually, it dawned on me, if I take one step off my path I would reach the end as well, why continue all this if I could just end it now? All I had to do was put my foot down and I was free, but at that moment, in the corner of my eye, I saw something I have never seen before.

It was a light. I decided to see what it was, I could always just leave if I wanted. I am so glad I chose to follow the light. The darkness which blinded me for so long was gone, I could see what was in front of me. The warmth felt like a hug that I have never received, bringing back my feelings. It lead me to a soft grass path, my feet could rest for a moment, free from the anguish they had to endure for so long. Once I took a bite out of the fruits that the light revealed to me, I feel full, the emptiness within me gone. Feeling the rays of light on my skin I started to feel energized wanting to keep walking and so I did.

I didn't want to leave my path anymore, I wanted to keep walking. All that because of some light that randomly appeared in my path, I followed it and everything changed for the better. So can you blame me when I wanted it all for myself?

My greed made me reach out and grab the light, but it swayed away, far enough to where I couldn't reach it anymore but close enough to where it still guided me. But why? Why wouldn't the light let me take it? Did I do something wrong? Am I not worthy of it? I still question why the light won't accept me.

I walk my path together with this light, every day wishing it would let me grab a hold of it, scared that I would go away leaving me alone once again.