Chapter 1

Hey! I'm sorry about the updates being so slow: I've been busy trying to schedule my high school, which for some reason is impossible to schedule (Seriously, why are there so many different things? Why!?) I've got a few other half-finished fanfics that should be out within the month. Exploration, my long story, is being put on hold for editing. May make a animation meme about 8-bit warrior (Null, in particular, but I might try one with Pebble, not sure). Might work, might not. Not the best at online drawing.

Loud banging came from the kitchen.

Wishbone stumbled out, face covered in flour, and shouted "Give me back my kitchen, you jerks!" The rest of the barrack ignored him. The only two who gave any thought to him were Ruise and Batwing. Ruise looked up and sighed, before saying in surprisingly fluent Common "You were in that little kitchen for a while." Wishbone huffed and said "You're impossible."

She leaned back, elegantly trimmed hooves resting on the table "I'm not saying I agree with them. I'm just saying they need the kitchen."

Batwing set down the sketchbook and growled "They're playing heavy metal in the kitchen now?" Ruise nodded and tapped her hooves on the table "Thrash metal. Heavy metal actually counts as singing. And they're not even doing that right." Batwing tossed it "Great. Apparently me and my animation commissioner can go screw themselves."

Bzzr, from the kitchen, shouted "Heartily!"

Batwing responded by bursting into Cruank, a language with twenty different ways to say "Slow death in maze of darkness" (Because that's such a common scenario), but none to insult someone or their mother, whom he considered a gross oversight in that moment. Bzzr squealed at him in Zrut, a language with no such shortcomings. Ruise groaned "You two shut up, now." They both responded in a mixture of insults, threats, and, in Bzzr's case, fireballs.

Finally, after a few minutes of this, Wishbone found a splash water bottle and threw it at them.

They both ran away shrieking in terror.

Ruise closed her eyes "I'm gonna go up. Tired." Bzzr sulked "I want mushroom rings." Uni, the resident ghast and also confined to the kitchen because of her size, cried on the floor "All I wanna do is sleep...and you come in and play thrash metal...why?" It dissolved into sniffling immediately after that. Fay blinked at them, remaining eye coming loose from her socket "I told them thrash metal made me decompose. Don't blame me!"

Batwing glared at Wishbone.

"If you soaked my sketchbook, I will murder you. With a knife." Wishbone shrugged, readjusting the fake blue orchid on the end table. "Don't see why the weapon matters." "Gah!" Then he rolled his eyes as Bzzr and Fay started for the kitchen again, now with a very tired Ruise in tow, holding marching band equipment. "Screw it. I'm going to the delta. Before they start up again."

Wishbone looked away, twisting off and reattaching his fingers "I...look, I'm normally all for avoiding amateur thrash metal performances...but I don't necessarily like you going to the delta either." Batwing set down the sketchbook and said "Wish, come on. I'm only going for a few minutes. It's not even bad."

Wishbone glared at him.

"Look, I don't want to be a wet blanket. I know you like exploring...but don't go running outside at midnight." Bat stomped a little, only fastening the helmet to his head in response. Then said "It's short. Way shorter than that last time. They won't even notice I'm gone. I'll be back in like...thirty minutes. Stop wimping out, Wishbone."

Then he added "It's important. I need to grab stuff."

He groaned "I should have never even let you out that first time."