02

Controlling her breathing as she ran on the treadmill, Kasie worked to maintain the conversation she was having with her best friend, Sasha via FaceTime

Kasie & Sasha had been friends since she they were freshmen in high school. Over the years their friendship has only grown as they have. Now that they were grown, Sasha lived in Seattle with her fiance, Dante while Kasie lived primarily in Houston, and Boston although she had properties in Cali, Florida, NY, WA, HI, MI, and a couple other states.

They were complete opposite from each other. While Kasie was laid back and nonchalant, Sasha was the energetic friend that said whatever was on her mind, she was also the empath between the two, while Kasie could care less about people and their opinions.

Sasha & Kasie balanced each other out in many ways, and that was something they had to navigate through as they continued within their friendship for the past eleven years.

When they were younger they bumped heads a lot about certain things. While Sasha would be the one to pop off at anything, Kasie would just stare and talk herself out of going to jail.

But nonetheless, they were like ying and yang, the sun and the moon; they were the perfect pair. Balance was the key component to their friendship, and it definitely showed.

"I don't understand what you want me to come up to Seattle for." Kasie huffed, turning the speed down on her treadmill in preparation to start another interval in the next minute.

"So we can catch up, duh. Plus, when's the last time you came down to your penthouse?" Sasha frowned. She missed her bestfriend and wanted to see her more than anything.

Sasha knew Kasie was busy with work and being a boss ass lady, but she still wanted her time and affection. Sasha didn't work as she was a stay-at-home fiancé until kids came into the mix, and then she'd become a stay-at-home-mom/housewife.

It was something her and Dante decided on during the beginning stages of their relationship. Dante would provide and shower her with gifts and anything she wanted, while she took care of herself and their family during the times Dante was working.

Their wedding was scheduled for early September since Sasha wanted a summer-not-summer wedding. She described it as wanted to be hot, but not hot.

They'd be getting married in Asos, Greece with a wedding by the water. Kasie, of course, was the maid of honor, meaning that in addition to her work life, she would have to take on the stresses of the wedding in due time.

"Not since I messed with that weird dude from Pronto." Kasie shivered in disgust as she thought back to her fling. He was a prime example of big-dick-energy-doesn't-always-mean-a-big-dick. To say she was disappointed would be an understatement.

Being that Kasie doesn't really put herself out there to just anybody, for the one time she gave a guy a chance to "hit" and he wasn't at all what she had in mind nor what he said he would be, made her want to abstain more from men in general.