Prologue

I reluctantly open my eyes to the dull light of the moon peering through my window. I roll to my side to see my alarm clock and shit it's 5:34, thirty minutes after I was supposed to wake up. I spring up and out of my bed, practically running to my closet, I tug on a pair of shorts and don't even bother with a shirt, my old tank top should do, even though it hardly leaves anything to the imagination. I quickly run out of my room and down the stairs, yank the leashes hanging from the hook on my wall and latch them on two of the dogs I'm dog sitting.

Tongues immediately find their way to my face. "Oh my gosh, I know, I know, you're going for a walk." It's kind of embarrassing how many octaves my voice raises.

There're about 4 other dogs sitting in their kennels, a mix of calm dogs, who are probably still sleepy, and eager dogs, pawing at their kennel doors. I make my way out the front door and What. The. Hell. Goosebumps erect on every surface on my body. Why the hell is it 60 degrees in Florida? I moved down here to get away from the cold, well not necessarily the cold weather but rather my cold family. But it's too late to turn back and grab a jacket because Juno (a humongous mastiff who probably weighs more than me) has already taken off, searching for the perfect place to pee. 

I might as well just get used to my skin freezing off because I'm just about a block away from my house when I see him. A godly hunk of a man standing outside of a house. Right across the street from me. I can't really tell whether he's facing me because the sun has just barely started to rise.

But then I hear it, and it feels like the world has stopped in its tracks, his low, smooth, honey-like voice bubbles out in a slight chuckle, "Hey, how are you?" And I jump, because why would this man, who was practically sculpted by an ancient god, talk to me?

"Morning, I'm good, thanks!" I may have said that a little too eagerly, and apparently a little too loudly too because that's when I see it, his arm stretched to his ear with his phone in his hand. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Suddenly my body is immensely warm, I no longer have goosebumps, and my face is probably the color of a bright red tomato. I start to walk, faster than my body can keep up, but all of sudden, I get stopped in my tracks because I feel a strong tug come from my right hand. I whip my head around and look down to Juno, crouched down. Oh my god. Why would you take a shit right here.

I quickly grab a doggy bag from my pocket, trying to avoid being seen by Mr. Fine. But luckily Juno is squatting down right behind a car. Perfect. I can hide behind here till he goes back inside.

But of course, nothing ever goes my way. And I hear loud footsteps start towards me. I hope it isn't him. I hope he can't see me. I hope-

"Um excuse me?" I painfully look up to find forest green eyes averted away from me, a series of dark freckles, and some light stubble staring back at me.

Oh

I jump and almost fall face first into the massive pile of shit that Juno just took when she tugs my arm towards the deep, rich, smooth, voice. Wanting to meet the new friend, Juno is practically jumping on him, and he's not pushing her away but slightly petting her in her favorite spot behind her ear. 

Weird, it took me weeks to find out that she liked being pet there. I see his eyes warm up a bit more when he glances at her, but then he looks back to me and they're so cold they're almost blue.

"Uh um hi. I- I'm really sorry I didn't realize you were on the-"

"This is my car."

Oh

"Oh, um right sorry" I glance at the car, an expensive sports car that of course he owns.

I quickly pick up the poop and tie the bag "I'll just be getting out of your hair then."

Just like that, he's in his car and driving away.

And I could have sworn I saw him looking back.