04

Breathing heavily, Jayson stood beside the man he was guarding

Breathing heavily, Jayson stood beside the man he was guarding. He and his team, the Boston Celtics, were in the finals seconds of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Miami Heat. With six seconds left in the quarter, and a four point gap, meaning the Celtics couldn't afford any mishaps or fouls as they were in the lead.

Game 7 of the finals had been one of the most physical games that he'd endured this season, and he was definitely feeling it everywhere. But at the moment, he felt nothing but his heartbeat thumping inside of his body.

This was the moment he'd dreamed about; getting closer to the Championship. Something he, like everyone else in the league, was determined to accomplish.

To anyone else, six seconds may not seem like a lot of time, but to Jayson it felt like an eternity. He watched as the ref blew the whistle from the sidelines where the ball was being inbounded.

All ten players scattered across the floor in their respective green and white colors. The ball was successfully inbounded to the man that Marcus Smart was guarding. Without much hesitation, he put the shot up and the stadium stood to see if the back would go in.

Instead it hit the side of the rim, missing the goal, and bouncing into the hands of Al Horford who held the ball until he heard the buzzer.

Pure excitement ran through Jayson's body as the realization that they had just won set it. He immediately looked over to the Celtics bench who ran over, shouting in excitement and happiness, knowing that they had just made it over one of the many humps to follow as they made their way to the Championship series.

After the initial rush of excitement, Jayson stood and said a prayer in his head, thanking God for all that he had become.

Following the post-game celebration, there was an award ceremony to present the Finals trophy to the Boston Celtics, and the well deserved MVP award was presented to Jayson.

As everyone had witnessed, the strenuous 2021-22 season unfold, it goes without saying that it was one of his best yet as he averaged 25 points, 8.3 rebounds, and 5.6 assists throughout the entirety of the seven game Finals series in itself.

After giving his speech to the interviewer, he and his team returned to the locker room to have their own private celebration with the help of the champagne bottles that were left in their locker room.

"Listen, I'm proud of you guys." Their head coach, Ime Udoka, spoke as they all stood with the champagne bottles in hand. He knew what was about to happen, but that didn't stop him from trying to weasel his way out of it.

"... all that's not neccessary-" He started but was interrupted by an excited Jayson who could care less about whatever else he had to say. He was ready to celebrate, and that's exactly what he intended to do. After a long season, and a long series; he was ready to let loose before going back to work.

"FUCK THAT!" He shouted, initially the spraying of the champagne onto not only the coach but everyone in the locker room. All of his teammates joined in, absolutely soaked Udoka and each other in the alcohol.