Return To Nevermore

Nevermore, oh, nevermore. I love you so. Thought Wednesday as the gate opened in front of their car once more and as she returned for another semester at the academy. The winter break was over and she was more than ready to see what the next few months would have in store for her. Just as she was about to get up from her seat in the car, she felt a small vibration coming from her pocket. She hated to admit it, but she did grow to like this small electronic device, which the others had called a smartphone. Smart indeed. And God, did she love the thrill of receiving a new message from her stalker.

“Welcome back, Wednesday.” Popped up on her screen as she opened the text message sent by her stalker, followed by a picture of her through the stained windows of the car. She turned her head slightly to see if there was anyone around, but could not see anyone that acted suspicious. Another vibration of the phone followed and Wednesday was prepared to see another picture of her. To her surprise it was a different name she saw on the screen now. Xavier. She almost felt her lips curve into a smile, when she stopped them from moving last second. She wouldn't smile over a silly boy. She wasn't that kind of girl. She was however girl enough, to open his message anyways and read it.
"So, Wednesday, I am really hoping I will see you at dinner today. You never did answer, if you were coming back or not. I do hope you do."
There it was... This strange feeling in her chest, that made her cheeks burn up so much that they almost showed the slightest hint of color and she hated it. She was disgusted by the thought that a simple boy could make her feel these things. Quickly she shook those feelings off and ignored the message for now. She rarely responded to his texts. She would not become another slave to technology. Never. Only a few times did she respond to his messages during the winter break, but only because she felt he deserved it, after all the trouble she had put him trough. It was the least she could do, if she could not return his feelings he obviously had for her. Thing crawled onto her shoulder, as she got out of the car and grabbed her suitcase. She had made her way to Nevermore alone this time, without her parents, as she did not want another minute of having to endure their affections for each other. She could not stand the way they acted around each other and maybe that's why she herself had such a problem with showing affection to others. Wednesday walked up the stairs to Ophelia Hall to enter her bedroom. Enid must have already arrived, as all her pink things and stuffed animals had already been out into place again. Wednesday let out a sigh and dropped her suitcase on the floor next to her bed. The only thing she needed right now was her typewriter, which she placed on her desk and then sat down on her chair. Frantically she started typing the beginning of a new story.
"Viper had just returned from a gruesome holiday as she found herself in another peculiar situation..."
Wednesdays mind went blank as she filled the first two pages of her new story. She could have written more, but someone interrupted her by bursting open the door and running towards her.
"Wednesday!" Enid squeeled as she hugged her goth friend, who returned the hug as best as she could. She still wasn't a hugger, but she thought that hugging Enid wasn't the worst thing in the world. After all she thought of her as a friend now. The only friend she had ever had. Enid knew better than to ask her how her holidays had been, so they both just went onto doing their own things for a little while. Wednesday had watched as the last of her belongings had been carried into the room, one of them being her beloved cello. If she felt love for anything it would be for the musical instrument which she had painted black.
Without even noticing the day went by and it was almost time for dinner.
"Have you spoken to Xavier?" Enid looked over at Wednesday, who was just about to wrap a black and white cardigan around her shoulders. A slight nod from the spooky one made Enid squeel again.
"Honestly Enid. You need to stop with that or I will suffocate you whilst you sleep." Wednesday glared at the girl that loved to wear bright colours. Enid just laughed and shook her head.
"We both know that you don't hate me that much." Wednesday rolled her eyes in her usual way and hated to admit that Enid was probably right. She didn't hate her. No. She didn't even dislike her. Apparently friends were meant to like each other.
They both agreed that it was about time that they made their way to the courtyard, where dinner would be served for them.
Wednesday had hoped she could come up with an excuse, just so she didn't have to face Xavier. She wasn't nervous or scared, it was a way worse feeling she felt thinking about seeing him. The most horrible feeling in the world.
Excitement.